By Ivan G. Goldman
10. I’m just up to my neck in Tupperware parties.
9. He won’t stand still long enough for me to hit him with the less powerful shots I’d be throwing at him.
8. Also, he might hit me back.
7. He throws more than one punch at a time. Isn’t that against the rules?
6. Did you see my Victor Ortiz fight? Well referee Joe Cortez retired.
5. I can always blame everything on Bob Arum. It’s worked before.
4. Just don’t like the cut of his jib.
3. Can you believe it? The only night I’m available, the MGM Grand was booked by one of Oscar’s lingerie shows.
2. The $100 million purse I’d collect doesn’t match my shoes.
1. Did you see Margarito’s face?
Goldman’s novel The Barfighter, set in the boxing world, was nominated as a Notable Book by the American Library Association. Available online & at better bookstores everywhere. Information HERE