By Sean Crose
“We’re giving this until the end of the month.”
So says Manny Pacquiao’s advisor, Mike Koncz, in regards to ongoing negations between the Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather camps.
It is said a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout would break all previous financial records. It’s even been said that a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight would be the biggest match ever.
Team Pacquiao, however, is clearly not going to sit around and hope for matters to simply resolve themselves.
“We’re waiting for word from Floyd,” Koncz said. ““The issue is very sensitive.”
Pacquiao has taken to calling out Mayweather more than he previously has.
Besides performing in a commercial for Foot Locker where Mayweather is all but mentioned by name, Pacquiao has also taken to the Twitterverse to push for a throwdown to occur.
And, this past weekend, Manny even took to Instagram.
“Floyd,” Pacquiao wrote under a picture of himself standing by what appeared to be a humble backyard fire pit, “brags about his lifestyle and everything! I don’t care! I’m just waiting here for him to sign the contract! #fightpacquiao.”
As if on cue, Mayweather posted on Instagram himself on Monday, where a video shows him walking amongst a fleet of cars and a private jet. No mention is made of Pacquiao or the upcoming bout.
If the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight falls through yet again, both fighters will undoubtedly disappoint many fans, no matter who their next opponents may be.
Indeed, Mayweather and Pacquiao have taken to fighting twice a year apiece – once in the spring and once in the fall.
For his own part, Pacquiao still appears to be optimistic.
“What’s important,” he claims, “is for the fight to push through. It’s a good thing that there are talks going on.”
As for Mayweather, The International Business Times claims the pound for pound king “has finally dropped the Cinco de Mayo Mexican holiday as the potential date.”
Still, the Times is quick to point out that “since then his (Mayweather’s) camp has gone ‘Zero Dark Thirty,’ on Pacquiao subjects.”
Send this to a friend