Today on the afternoon sports talk show “Morency” with host Gabriel Morency on Hardcore Sports Radio (Sirius 98) and The Score Television Network, WBA Welterweight Super champion “Sugar” Shane Mosley joined the show.
Mosley stated that he was frustrated about Miguel Cotto earning a mega fight with Manny Pacquiao when he was expected to be Pacquiao’s next opponent.
Mosley offered Bob Arum some harsh words about being overlooked to fight Pacquiao and is upset that Arum is telling the public that the upcoming Cotto/Pacquialo fight is confirmed when Pacquiao has yet to agree to the match.
Mosley also comments on Antonio Margarito wrapping his hands in their previous fight and gave his opinion on the Juan Manuel Marquez and Floyd Mayweather bout being delayed due to a lack of ticket sales.
The full interview can be found here:
– Mosley wonders how Miguel Cotto is getting a mega fight.
– Mosley believes that Cotto was beaten by Joshua Clottey and received a “home town decision”.
– Mosley says that Bob Arum has an obligation to land Cotto a mega fight before his contract is done.
– Mosley says that Manny Pacquiao told him directly that he would rather fight him than any other guy.
– Mosley blames Bob Arum for convincing Manny Pacquaio that there would be more money involved with a fight with Cotto.
– Mosley says that the Marquez/Mayweather fight is being delayed because people don’t want to pay to see Mayweather.
– Mosley says that Vegas is trying to lure Mexican fans into paying to see the fight by scheduling it on Mexican Independence Day.
– Mosley thinks that Marquez can give Mayweather some problems because of his counterpunching style.
– Mosley believes that a Mosley/Pacquiao fight would be a much bigger draw than a Cotto/Pacquaio fight.
– Mosley says that Bob Arum is lying to people by saying that the Pacquiao/Cotto bout is a done deal.
– Mosley blames Margarito’s trainer for the hand wrapping incident.
– Mosley says that a lot of trainers try to give their fighters an edge.
– Mosley speaks directly to Bob Arum:
“Bob Arum, if you’re listening to this, you can still make a lot of money with me as well … You can still make the same amount of money with me and Pacquiao and it’s more of a legendary fight.”