Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


“Joltin” Joey Tiberi Wins by Knockout in New Castle, DE, Friday!

“Joltin” Joey Tiberi Wins by Knockout in New Castle, DE, Friday!

Diane Lee Fischer-Christiano of Dee Lee Promotions along with Joey Tiberi, Jr. and Todd Mulvena of Night Night Promotions promoted an exciting 7 bout card at the Nur Shrine Temple, New Castle, DE, Friday night before a near sold out crowd. The Matchmaker was Nick Tiberi.


In the Main Event lightweight “Joltin” Joey Tiberi, Jr., 15-2 (8), Newark, DE, scored a second round knockout at 0:45 over Marlon “2nd Chance” Lewis, 6-9-2 (3), Memphis, TN, in a scheduled 6.

In the opening round Lewis used an effective jab as Tiberi went to the body with both hands. In the second round a solid left hook from Tiberi dropped Lewis on his back. He tried beating the count by referee Vic deWysocki but struggled at 10. “I saw tapes on him and felt he couldn’t take it to the body but he had his head up so I threw a left hook and thought he might get up. Promoting and boxing at the same time was very exciting,’ said Tiberi.

In the co-feature cruiserweight Lamont “Problem Solver” Singletary, 8-2 (5), Dover, DE, and Ernest Reyna, 8-4 (4) Corpus Christi, TX, ended in a No Contest at 2:45 of the first round due to a cut over the left eye of Reyna.

In the opening round Singletary showed better hand speed getting in his jab as Reyna came forward. Both exchanged left hooks to the chin at the same time. An accidental clash of heads caused a nasty cut over the left eye of Reyna causing the ring physician to halt the action. The referee was Vic deWysocki.

Light heavyweight Reuel Williams, 8-1 (2), Wilm., DE, stopped Corey Budd, 8-23-1 (7), Lima, OH, at 2:11 of the first round.

In the opening round the first punch landed was a lead right by Williams to the head of Budd. A counter left hook from Williams on the chin of Budd dropped him to a knee where he took the entire 10 count from referee Dave Braslow.

Super welterweight southpaw Michael Crain, 0-0 (0), Smyrna, DE, and Joe Gbolo, 3-2-2 (1), Albany, NY, ended in a first round No Contest.

In the opening round both came out slugging with Crain seemingly getting the better of it. An unintentional clash of heads caused Gbolo to receive a nasty cut over his left eye. The ring physician halted the bout.

Super welterweight Dominican southpaw Feliz Manzueta, 1-0 (0), Dover, DE, won a hard fought 4 rounder over Kareem “Snoop Dog” Gladney, 0-3 (0), Philadelphia.

In the first round a left hand from Manzueta to the chin dropped Gladney. Referee Braslow issued the 8 count. Gladney got up and finished the round mixing it up with Manzueta. In the second round a wild overhand left from Manzueta made Gladney clinch. Gladney fought back enough to seemingly take a close round.

In the third round Manzueta had Gladney holding on several times finally receiving a warning from referee Braslow. In the fourth and final round both boxers let it all hang out knowing the match might be on the line. Gladney was busier but Manzueta landed the more solid power punches.

Light heavyweight southpaw Maurice “War Time” Horne, 1-0 (1), Middleton, DE, in his debut stopped southpaw Roger “Rainman” Locklear, 1-5 (0), Laurinburg, NC, at 0:40 of the first round.

In the opening round both came out throwing punches while Horne rocked Locklear several times and had him pinned against the ropes when referee de Wysocki wisely halted the action.

In the opening bout super bantamweight southpaw Edgar “Double Trouble” Cortes, 4-4 (0), Vineland, NJ, defeated southpaw Malcolm “Show Off” Simms, 0-2-1 (0), Newark, NJ, over 4 exciting rounds.

In the first round both were throwing punches, not feeling out each other. Cortes was the aggressor in one really good round. In the second round Cortes proved to be the heavier puncher while Simms the faster hands. There was very little body punching with both going head hunting. Cortes rocked Simms on several occasions.

In the third round a right hook from Cortes to the chin of Simms drove him into the ropes. Cortes then went to the body hurting Simms. A Simms right hook on the chin of Cortes knocked him back a step. A lead left by Cortes on the chin rocked Simms. In the fourth and final round Cortes landed a 3-punch combination. Simms came right back rocking Cortes with a pair of right hooks to the chin. There were very few clinches for referee de Wysocki to be concerned with. Simms was fighting with his mouth open looking for a second wind. It was a really good fight on both parts.

Ring announcer was Nino Del Buono. Special guests at ringside were PA heavyweight champion Amir “Hardcore” Mansour, former top contender Bobby “Boogaloo” Watts, former top contender Richie Kates, VP and former boxer of World Boxing Foundation Greg Hackett and CEO James Gibbs, Jr.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Featured 2

By: Sean Crose Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk showed up for public workouts Wednesday in Saudi Arabia on the eve of Saturday’s undisputed heavyweight...

Featured 2

By: Sean Crose Let me be quite clear here – this Saturday’s undisputed heavyweight championship fight between WBC titlist Tyson Fury and WBA, IBF,...

Featured 2

By: Sean Crose The mood was explosively electric in Riyadh. The 21-0 WBA, WBO, and IBF heavyweight titlist Oleksandr Usyk entered the ring looking...

Featured 2

By: Sean Crose The time for talk is over. Provided there’s no last minute disasters, Tyson Fury will slip in between the ropes in...