Pacquiao: “I Agree To Random Blood Tests”
- May 3rd, 2010
Manny Pacquiao has agreed to random blood testing, setting the stage for the all-time “Super Bowl of Boxing” to be made for later this year. But wait a minute, Floyd Mayweather, who may say he’s in the check-cashing business, hinted that a world tour against a series of handpicks may be the safer, smarter business decision for him to take.
Here are Pacquiao’s quotes which were made in the Philippines:
“I’m not opposed to the drug tests just as long as it’s not on the day of the fight. It’s not good (to have the tests on) the day of the fight because they have medical procedures right after the fight.
And because it will be a disadvantage for me because he’s big and I’m small. And I may not be able to recover (from the tests).”
“We can fight. Afterall, we are not scared.”
“I still have to talk to my mother, because my mother does not want me to fight anymore. We still have to talk.”
“I am willing to help the sport for the future of the sport. I do not want to see anyone cheat or cheat this sport. For that reason I am willing to consider taking blood as close as 14 days prior to the fight, as long as, my opponent does the same, and it is not a lot of blood, just enough to test.”
“I do not want anyone having an unfair advantage where someone may get hurt. I am willing to do my part to help this sport out.”
It would appear one competitor in what will surely be the most lucrative prizefight in boxing history has compromised and is on board. But it remains to be seen if the other, much more evasive character has the confidence to take the big risk.
It also remains to be seen if HBO and Golden Boy would be willing to finance a “Floyd Mayweather World Tour” which would consist of of a bunch of meaningless handpicked opponents such as Matthew Hatton, Nate Campbell and or Paulie Malignaggi.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- UFC on FX Preview: Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold
- Showtime Boxing Preview: Peterson vs. Matthysse, Alexander vs. Purdy
- Welterweight Prospect Pablo Cesar Cano Battles Former Champion Shane Mosley Saturday Night
- IBF Champion Peterson Meets Matthysse Saturday Night In Light Welterweight Showdown
- Manny Pacquiao Isn’t Arrested, But May Face Vote-Buying Charges
- Robert Guerrero Gun Charges Dismissed – Gets Fine, Community Service
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Mike Tyson, David Haye, Bute vs. Pascal, Michael Buffer, and more
- Robert Guerrero Firearm Possession Charges Dismissed
- Manny Pacquiao Gets VADA to do Drug Testing for Rios Bout
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail
- Jackie Kallen: Live Report Mayweather/ Guerrero was a Ho Hum Night
- Robert Guerrero’s Father Seeks to Make Floyd Mayweather Bout Personal
- Robert Guerrero aims to continue Bay Area Dominance