Pacquiao: “I Agree To Random Blood Tests”
- May 3rd, 2010
Manny Pacquiao has agreed to random blood testing, setting the stage for the all-time “Super Bowl of Boxing” to be made for later this year. But wait a minute, Floyd Mayweather, who may say he’s in the check-cashing business, hinted that a world tour against a series of handpicks may be the safer, smarter business decision for him to take.
Here are Pacquiao’s quotes which were made in the Philippines:
“I’m not opposed to the drug tests just as long as it’s not on the day of the fight. It’s not good (to have the tests on) the day of the fight because they have medical procedures right after the fight.
And because it will be a disadvantage for me because he’s big and I’m small. And I may not be able to recover (from the tests).”
“We can fight. Afterall, we are not scared.”
“I still have to talk to my mother, because my mother does not want me to fight anymore. We still have to talk.”
“I am willing to help the sport for the future of the sport. I do not want to see anyone cheat or cheat this sport. For that reason I am willing to consider taking blood as close as 14 days prior to the fight, as long as, my opponent does the same, and it is not a lot of blood, just enough to test.”
“I do not want anyone having an unfair advantage where someone may get hurt. I am willing to do my part to help this sport out.”
It would appear one competitor in what will surely be the most lucrative prizefight in boxing history has compromised and is on board. But it remains to be seen if the other, much more evasive character has the confidence to take the big risk.
It also remains to be seen if HBO and Golden Boy would be willing to finance a “Floyd Mayweather World Tour” which would consist of of a bunch of meaningless handpicked opponents such as Matthew Hatton, Nate Campbell and or Paulie Malignaggi.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Chisora, Barker vs. Sturm, Pacquiao, Mansour, and more…
- Monte Barrett Rips David Tua’s Promoters: “They Stole From Him, Destroyed His Career!”
- WBC Champ Vitali Klitschko Reported Turning Back Huge Ukrainian Mob
- Dana White Returns To Boxing With New Reality TV Show “The Fighters”
- HBO Boxing Results: Stevenson and Kovalev Win by Knockout, Again…..
- Another Bizarre Stoppage in the UK: Chisora Halts Pala
- HBO Boxing Preview: Stevenson vs. Bellew, Kovalev vs. Sillakh
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Pacquiao and Taxes, Judah, Molina, Kovalev, Fortuna, and more…
- Anthony Mundine Defeats Shane Mosley: Is this finally the End?
- Fox Sports 1 Boxing Results: Antonio Tarver Returns with a TKO
- Top Rank Will Kiss Off HBO to Get Floyd Mayweather Deal with Manny Pacquiao
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather takes his promotion company on the road
- Ex-Lightweight Anthony Fletcher Entombed Live for Want of ‘Hook’
- On Sense and Sensibility Among Boxing’s Critics
- All I want For Christmas Are These Ten Fights: the Best Match-Up’s In Boxing
- It’s Time To Give Boxing Fans What They Want
- Jackie Kallen: Bronco McKart rides on….and on…..
- How Adrien Broner Can Live Up To The Hype
- Sergey Kovalev: Impressed Yet?
- Whats next for Paul Spadafora?