Press Conference Quotes: Andre Ward – Chad Dawson
- July 9th, 2012
Today at Oracle Arena in Oakland Calif, undefeated WBA and WBC super-middeweight champion, Andre “S.O.G.” Ward (25-0, 13 KOs) and WBC light-heavyweight champion, “BAD” Chad Dawson (31-1, 17 KOs) hosted a press conference to discuss their upcoming championship bout, taking place September 8, 2012 at Oracle Arena televised live on HBO Championship Boxing.
Photo By Alexis Cuarezma – Goossen Tutor
“The road I’ve taken to this point has not been easy. Being back on HBO is a big thing, but fighting on HBO in my hometown is huge. To be great you have to fight the best. Chad has beaten the best so these are the type fights I want to take. I will put on a great show for all the fans that come out to Oracle Arena.” – Andre Ward
“This is a big fight for me. I know their will be a huge crowd for Andre, but I’m not afraid. I’m happy to be the underdog in this fight. I haven’t been the underdog in a long time and I’ll do what I have to do to win this fight” – Chad Dawson
“This is the type of fight that makes a crossover superstar. Nothing will get in Andre’s way, no chatter, no nothing. He is focused on this fight! This is why I can’t to see 17,000 fans in Oracle Arena on Sept, 8. It will be filled with electricity. Andre is a special fighter and Virgil is the Zen Master.” – Dan Goossen
“We all saw what Chad did to Hopkins and I believe Dawson is the better fighter. The winner of this fight is no doubt going to be a superstar. I’m so confident in this fight Goossen can have his six brothers be the judges. In this fight you have two fighters who hold belts, who are steroid free, who are young and will bring their best on fight night” – Gary Shaw
“Weight training shouldn’t take the thrill of the victory away. It’s a battle to get to 168 lbs for both fighters. While other fighters are playing games not taking fighters, these two have stepped up. Its going to be a great fight for all the fans” – Virgil Hunter
“I’m very exited to be involved with this fight. You go two prime, hungry, young guys ready to go at it. It will be a tactical fight and Chad will be ready. I think Chad and Andre are going to mix very well. I think clean combination punching will be Dawson’s advantage.” – John Scully”
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Arum Likes Floyd Jr. in Bout with Canelo, and – No Surprise – So Does Floyd Sr.
- Andre Ward is Offered Possibility of Two-Fight Deal with Stevenson
- In Light of Cancellation, Speculation About Stevenson as Possible Bernard Hopkins Foe
- HBO Boxing Results: Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford Score Stoppage Victories
- UFC 161 Results: Rashad Evans Defeats Dan Henderson
- Funny Media Interview with Paul Malignaggi & Adrien Broner
- ESPN FNF Results: Vicente Drops Diaz, Payano Devastates Maraon
- NBC Sports Network Boxing Results: Jennings and Kovalev Continue to Impress
- UFC 161 Preview: Dan Henderson vs. Rashad Evans
- Undefeated Bantamweights Battle On FNF In WBA Title Eliminator
- Quick-Tongued Adrien Broner Set for Test against Paulie Malignaggi
- Jackie Kallen: Is Mikey Garcia The Real Deal?
- Jim Gray Wonders Why Referee Stopped Fight — Josesito Lopez Was Still Breathing
- Jackie Kallen: LA vs Montreal, HBO vs Showtime, Dawson vs Stevenson, Maidana vs Lopez
- Is it fair for Floyd Mayweather to fight Saul Alvarez at a catch weight?
- Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao — a Fight They Don’t Want Us to Want
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather vs Canelo – Dream Fight At Last!
- Richest Fight Ever Set for Sept. 14 — Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez
- Mad Dog Carl Froch No Ordinary Englishman
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013