Manny Pacquiao’s “Sometimes When We Touch” Cracks The Top 10
- August 10th, 2011
He came, he sang, he recorded. Congressman MANNY “Pacman” PACQUIAO, boxing’s No. 1 pound for pound fighter inside the ring is becoming a hit machine outside the ring. His remake of the Dan Hill-penned hit, Sometimes When We Touch, which was released on April 28, cracked the Top-10 this week, landing at No. 7 on the Secondary Adult Contemporary Chart as measured by the Friday Morning Quarterback Album Report (FMQB.) As it has throughout its run, Sometimes When We Touch remains a Top-Five most-added song on radio station playlists this week.
“Manny leaping from No. 11 to No. 7 on the Adult Contemporary secondary charts reminds us once more that there’s nothing this man/boxer/congressman/singer is not capable of,” said Dan Hill. “I’m so proud to call him my friend and a major life inspiration.”
“What a man!” exclaimed Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum. “A champion in the boxing ring, in politics, now as a singer — what next for amazing Manny?”
Hill first reached out to Pacquiao after watching the Fighter of the Decade perform Sometimes When We Touch on Jimmy Kimmel Live in his U.S. network TV debut on November 3, 2009.
Last October, weeks before his astonishing 12-round unanimous decision victory over Antonio Margarito where he won the vacant WBC super welterweight championship, his record eighth world title in as many weight divisions, Pacquiao interspersed his training at World-Famous Freddie Roach’s Wild Card Boxing Club with sessions in a Hollywood studio to record the unforgettable iconic ballad Sometimes When We Touch with the same production team that brought the song to the top of the charts in 1977. With songwriter and original singer Hill in his corner, and producers Matthew McCauley and Fred Mollin, Pacquiao delivered a passionate performance that showed the warmth and courage in the boxer’s heart.
Available on iTunes and Amazon.com, a preview of Manny’s CD/DVD can be seen and heard at www.mannysings.com.
Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs), the lone congressional representative from the Sarangani province in the Philippines, returns to the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev., on Saturday, November 12, to defend his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title against three-division world champion, professional nemesis and future Hall of Famer JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ (53-5-1, 39 KOs), of México City. Broadcast Live on Pay-Per-View, Pacquiao-Marquez III will be distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View®, beginning at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT.
Promoted by Top Rank, in association with MP Promotions and MGM Grand, remaining tickets to Pacquiao-Marquez III, are priced at $1,200, $900, $600, $400, and $200. Ticket sales at $1,200, $900, $600 and $400 are limited to 10 per person and ticket sales at $200 are limited to two (2) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster (800) 745-3000. Tickets are also available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
For Pacquiao-Marquez III fight week updates, log on to www.toprank.com and www.hbo.com
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- The King of the Borough: Malignaggi Gives Judah a Boxing Clinic
- HBO Results: Kirkland and Tapia Steal Show, Rigondeaux Wins a Bore
- Floyd Mayweather’s TMT Crew Takes Care of Business on ShoBox
- HBO Boxing Preview: Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko, Tapia vs. Kirkland, Macklin vs. Russ
- David Price Drops British and Commonwealth Titles; Dereck Chisora Calls Out Deontay Wilder
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Chisora, Barker vs. Sturm, Pacquiao, Mansour, and more…
- Monte Barrett Rips David Tua’s Promoters: “They Stole From Him, Destroyed His Career!”
- WBC Champ Vitali Klitschko Reported Turning Back Huge Ukrainian Mob
- Dana White Returns To Boxing With New Reality TV Show “The Fighters”
- HBO Boxing Results: Stevenson and Kovalev Win by Knockout, Again…..
- Still Think Paulie Malignaggi Is An Old Man?
- Sticking Guillermo Rigondeaux in Main Event Is like Selling Tickets to Smallpox
- Jackie Kallen: Go Paulie (Malignaggi) Go!
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah fight in the Battle for Brooklyn Tonight
- ‘Brooklyn in the House’: Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi
- Guillermo Rigondeaux Just Needs To Be Himself
- Top Rank Will Kiss Off HBO to Get Floyd Mayweather Deal with Manny Pacquiao
- Froch-Groves: Miscellaneous Musings in the Aftermath of a Masterclass
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather takes his promotion company on the road
- Ex-Lightweight Anthony Fletcher Entombed Live for Want of ‘Hook’