Manny Pacquiao’s “Sometimes When We Touch” Cracks The Top 10
- August 10th, 2011
He came, he sang, he recorded. Congressman MANNY “Pacman” PACQUIAO, boxing’s No. 1 pound for pound fighter inside the ring is becoming a hit machine outside the ring. His remake of the Dan Hill-penned hit, Sometimes When We Touch, which was released on April 28, cracked the Top-10 this week, landing at No. 7 on the Secondary Adult Contemporary Chart as measured by the Friday Morning Quarterback Album Report (FMQB.) As it has throughout its run, Sometimes When We Touch remains a Top-Five most-added song on radio station playlists this week.
“Manny leaping from No. 11 to No. 7 on the Adult Contemporary secondary charts reminds us once more that there’s nothing this man/boxer/congressman/singer is not capable of,” said Dan Hill. “I’m so proud to call him my friend and a major life inspiration.”
“What a man!” exclaimed Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum. “A champion in the boxing ring, in politics, now as a singer — what next for amazing Manny?”
Hill first reached out to Pacquiao after watching the Fighter of the Decade perform Sometimes When We Touch on Jimmy Kimmel Live in his U.S. network TV debut on November 3, 2009.
Last October, weeks before his astonishing 12-round unanimous decision victory over Antonio Margarito where he won the vacant WBC super welterweight championship, his record eighth world title in as many weight divisions, Pacquiao interspersed his training at World-Famous Freddie Roach’s Wild Card Boxing Club with sessions in a Hollywood studio to record the unforgettable iconic ballad Sometimes When We Touch with the same production team that brought the song to the top of the charts in 1977. With songwriter and original singer Hill in his corner, and producers Matthew McCauley and Fred Mollin, Pacquiao delivered a passionate performance that showed the warmth and courage in the boxer’s heart.
Available on iTunes and Amazon.com, a preview of Manny’s CD/DVD can be seen and heard at www.mannysings.com.
Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs), the lone congressional representative from the Sarangani province in the Philippines, returns to the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev., on Saturday, November 12, to defend his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title against three-division world champion, professional nemesis and future Hall of Famer JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ (53-5-1, 39 KOs), of México City. Broadcast Live on Pay-Per-View, Pacquiao-Marquez III will be distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View®, beginning at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT.
Promoted by Top Rank, in association with MP Promotions and MGM Grand, remaining tickets to Pacquiao-Marquez III, are priced at $1,200, $900, $600, $400, and $200. Ticket sales at $1,200, $900, $600 and $400 are limited to 10 per person and ticket sales at $200 are limited to two (2) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster (800) 745-3000. Tickets are also available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
For Pacquiao-Marquez III fight week updates, log on to www.toprank.com and www.hbo.com
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Dusty Harrison Remains Undefeated, Morales and Nugaev Win
- Showtime PPV Preview: Canelo vs. Angulo, Santa Cruz vs. Mijares
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Shobox Results: J’Leon Love Wins & A Night of Unforeseen Events
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Boxino – Kopylenko, Adams, Gatica, and Monroe Advance
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. V. Bryan Vera: Take Two in San Antonio, Texas
- Is Canelo Alvarez an A-List Boxer – Or Just An A-List Celebrity?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo by the Numbers
- The Top Boxing Fights That Need to Be Made From Matchmaker Ron Katz
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner Inevitable?
- What’s next for Jean Pascal?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo: the Pop Star vs. the Dog
- It makes sense for Floyd Mayweather choose Marcos Maidana