World Boxing Hall of Fame Announces Inductees
The World Boxing Hall of Fame will hold its 30th annual banquet of champions October 24th, 2009 at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott.
Armando Muniz, President, his Executive Committee and Board of Directors, along with the Selection Committee have turned in their ballots and the Class of 2009 honorees have been revealed.
Joining the Roster of ring immortals will be the 2009 Boxer inductees:
· Bantamweight champ Orlando Canizales
· WBC, NABF, and WBA titlist Rafael Herrera
· The first female boxer inductee “The Dutch Destroyer” Lucia Rijker and
· South African featherweight champ Brian Mitchell.
Voted in as Expanded Category inductees are:
· Showtime’s and IBN sports Al Bernstein, who also received the highest number of votes ever for a non-boxer inductee and will be the second recipient of the covered Sugar Ray Robinson award as well.
· Referee/judge Dr. James Jen Kim and
· Argentinean trainer Amilcar Brusa.
Special posthumous awards will also be presented during the ceremony.
Contact Terry Hilton at 707-480-4699 for more information on the event or the inductees.