Kermit Cintron Ready To Fight Shane Mosley This Fall
July 22 – Kermit Cintron has caught wind of Shane Mosley’s struggles to make a fight, and like the rest of the boxing world, he doesn’t want to see “Sugar” Shane sit on the shelf for the rest of the year. So, Kermit wants Shane and the rest of the world to know he is ready to step up and make a fight between two of the world’s best welterweights.
With Cintron (31-2-1, 27 KOs) and Mosley (46-5, 39 KOs) both coming off wins considered amongst the biggest of their respective careers – for Cintron, a 12-round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten Alfredo Angulo, and for Mosley, a 9th round knockout over consensus welterweight champion Antonio Margarito – there is no time like the present for the two combatants to get it on.
“I feel like right now it makes sense,” said Cintron. “With Cotto fighting Pacquiao and Mayweather fighting Marquez, I don’t see why he wouldn’t take a fight with me.”
Cintron’s promoter Lou DiBella believes his charge is up to the challenge of a fight with Mosley and it wouldn’t take much effort from either end to get the job done.
“Mosley has always looked to face the stiffest competition and right now Kermit is one of the toughest challenges available,” said DiBella. “Kermit is willing to fight anywhere from 147 to 154 pounds. I don’t think we would have to spend significant time negotiating to make a fight between these two great warriors.”
Besides the obvious reasons Cintron and Mosley would make for such a compelling fight, it would be a clash between two fighters who have made long careers of all-action fights.
“It would be a great fight between us. A tough fight between great fighters,” said Cintron. “It’s a big risk, I understand that. But it’s the one fight out there that is easily available for both of us.”