Get 2 Know Odlanier Solis
- February 15th, 2010
Status: WBC #2 ranked heavyweight contender. 2004 Olympic gold medalist. His record is 15-0 (11 KO’s).
Ht: 6-2 Wt: 270
DOB: April 5, 1980 In: Havana, Cuba
First Boxing Memory: “We used to have this thing called Rustic boxing in Cuba where they would blind-fold the kids and get a stick
with a pillow at the end and beat each other with it. That was my first memory. I was eight years old when it happened.”
Nickname: La Sombra.
Inspiration: “I want to be a world heavyweight champion.”
Favorite Movie: “Scarface.”
Last Book Read: “The Bible.”
Musical Tastes: “Rap reggaeton.”
Hobbies/Leisure Activities: “Fishing, I enjoy fishing.”
Current Car: “Mercedes.”
Pre-Fight Meal: “Pasta.”
Favorite Meal: “Different foods.”
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: “Chocolate.”
Typicall Breakfast: “I eat anything. Anything, whatever’s there I’ll eat it [laughs].”
Greatest Sports Moment: “Beating Felix Savon twice.”
Most Painful Moment: “When I left Cuba to come here to turn pro.”
Toughest Opponent: “Felix Savon. He was one of the greatest amateurs of all time and he could punch holes through the wall.”
Favorite All-Time Boxers: “I don’t have one. I just don’t have one.”
Favorite Fights: “I don’t know.”
Funny Boxing Memory: “When fighters attack referees, I think that’s funny [smiles].”
Embarrassing Boxing Memory: “No.”
Which Fight Do You Feel You Were At Your Very Best: “In all my fights. I feel great in all my fights.”
Last Vacation: “No vacation. I just hang out in Miami. Two months ago was the last vacation I took.”
What Would You Be If You Weren’t A Boxer: “I don’t know. If I hadn’t been a fighter I don’t know what I would have done.”
People Qualities Most Admired: “People that are happy and sincere.”
Trains At: Top Level Gym in Miami, FL.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- NBCSN Boxing Preview: Chilemba vs. Grachev, Adamek vs. Glazkov
- Floyd Mayweather Allegedly Involved In Kidnapping And Beating
- Tomasz Adamek And Czar Glazkov Prepare To Meet At The Crossroads
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Hopkins, Kovalev, Pacquiao, Rocky, Ali, Garcia, and more
- Miguel Cotto – Sergio Martinez Press Conference Exudes Heat
- Solo Boxeo Boxing Results: Jorge “Travieso” Arce’s Comeback Continued
- Rock Steady: Battling Parkinson’s Disease At Gleason’s Gym
- Showtime PPV Results: Canelo Gives Angulo a Beat down in All Mexican Affaire!
- Canelo Dominates Angulo, Almost Saves Pay Per View Card
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Dusty Harrison Remains Undefeated, Morales and Nugaev Win
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather a Thug or a Target?
- Jackie Kallen: Defending Tony Weeks Canelo/Angulo Stoppage
- Floyd Mayweather Gives The Media A Very Strange “Moment.”
- Rapacious Showtime Demanding $60 for Canelo Alvarez-Alfredo Angulo
- Alfredo “Perro” Angulo: Going against the Vegas Chalk and Picking Angulo to Win
- Is Canelo Alvarez an A-List Boxer – Or Just An A-List Celebrity?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo by the Numbers
- The Top Boxing Fights That Need to Be Made From Matchmaker Ron Katz
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face