Get 2 Know Odlanier Solis
- February 15th, 2010
Status: WBC #2 ranked heavyweight contender. 2004 Olympic gold medalist. His record is 15-0 (11 KO’s).
Ht: 6-2 Wt: 270
DOB: April 5, 1980 In: Havana, Cuba
First Boxing Memory: “We used to have this thing called Rustic boxing in Cuba where they would blind-fold the kids and get a stick
with a pillow at the end and beat each other with it. That was my first memory. I was eight years old when it happened.”
Nickname: La Sombra.
Inspiration: “I want to be a world heavyweight champion.”
Favorite Movie: “Scarface.”
Last Book Read: “The Bible.”
Musical Tastes: “Rap reggaeton.”
Hobbies/Leisure Activities: “Fishing, I enjoy fishing.”
Current Car: “Mercedes.”
Pre-Fight Meal: “Pasta.”
Favorite Meal: “Different foods.”
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: “Chocolate.”
Typicall Breakfast: “I eat anything. Anything, whatever’s there I’ll eat it [laughs].”
Greatest Sports Moment: “Beating Felix Savon twice.”
Most Painful Moment: “When I left Cuba to come here to turn pro.”
Toughest Opponent: “Felix Savon. He was one of the greatest amateurs of all time and he could punch holes through the wall.”
Favorite All-Time Boxers: “I don’t have one. I just don’t have one.”
Favorite Fights: “I don’t know.”
Funny Boxing Memory: “When fighters attack referees, I think that’s funny [smiles].”
Embarrassing Boxing Memory: “No.”
Which Fight Do You Feel You Were At Your Very Best: “In all my fights. I feel great in all my fights.”
Last Vacation: “No vacation. I just hang out in Miami. Two months ago was the last vacation I took.”
What Would You Be If You Weren’t A Boxer: “I don’t know. If I hadn’t been a fighter I don’t know what I would have done.”
People Qualities Most Admired: “People that are happy and sincere.”
Trains At: Top Level Gym in Miami, FL.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Pacquiao, Ricky Hatton, 50 Cent, and more….
- The King of the Borough: Malignaggi Gives Judah a Boxing Clinic
- HBO Results: Kirkland and Tapia Steal Show, Rigondeaux Wins a Bore
- Floyd Mayweather’s TMT Crew Takes Care of Business on ShoBox
- HBO Boxing Preview: Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko, Tapia vs. Kirkland, Macklin vs. Russ
- David Price Drops British and Commonwealth Titles; Dereck Chisora Calls Out Deontay Wilder
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Chisora, Barker vs. Sturm, Pacquiao, Mansour, and more…
- Monte Barrett Rips David Tua’s Promoters: “They Stole From Him, Destroyed His Career!”
- WBC Champ Vitali Klitschko Reported Turning Back Huge Ukrainian Mob
- Dana White Returns To Boxing With New Reality TV Show “The Fighters”
- Must We Disdain Excitement & Rally to Snore-Mongering Guillermo Rigondeaux?
- WBC Should Sanction an Interim Champion; Vitali Klitschko has Bigger Fights Ahead
- Boxing’s Biggest Battle: HBO vs Showtime
- Adrien Broner and the Anatomy of Creating a Superstar
- Still Think Paulie Malignaggi Is An Old Man?
- Sticking Guillermo Rigondeaux in Main Event Is like Selling Tickets to Smallpox
- Jackie Kallen: Go Paulie (Malignaggi) Go!
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah fight in the Battle for Brooklyn Tonight
- ‘Brooklyn in the House’: Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi
- Guillermo Rigondeaux Just Needs To Be Himself