Jackie Kallen Live Report from Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guererro Weigh Ins
- May 3rd, 2013
By Jackie Kallen
As far as weigh-ins go, it was a peaceful event. Compared to some, it was relatively non-eventful. The main event fighters all made weight and there were no major clashes.
Naturally Mayweather and Guerrero did their fair amount of smack talk. They stood face to face, Mayweather chewing gum and Guerrero never flinching or backing down.
Both men looked ripped, fit, and ready. The two fighters’s fathers seemed more heated than their sons. Mayweather Sr. made a slashing movement across his throat while glaring at The Ghost. I guess that’s fair since Robert’s father, Ruben, has called Floyd a “wife beater” quite publicly.
Like all big fights, there has to be controversy and excitement. Both camps have done their best to sell this fight. Although Guerrero is not a household name and is a serious underdog, he had his group of supporters at the weigh-in. They were enthusiastic and verbal, but it was obviously a Mayweather crowd.
When Money came out, the 5,000 people on hand went crazy. They stomped, whistled and chanted. As much as some people don’t like him personally, a hundred times more people admire him as a champion.
He is widely considered to be the P4P best boxer in the world. It’s a fact that any fighter can beat any other fighter on any given night. That being said, Robert Guerrero has his work cut out for him.
Jackie Kallen is a boxing manager who has been in the business for over three decades. Her life inspired the Meg Ryan film “Against the Ropes” and she was a part of the NBC series “The Contender.” www.JackieKallen.com, www.facebook.com/JackieKallen
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Chris Arreola: “This Is A Do Or Die Fight For Me.”
- Media Interview with Marcos Maidana & Robert Garcia
- Luis Collazo Will Face Not One, But Two Opponents On May 3
- Rubin “Hurricane” Carter Dead at Age 76
- Showtime Boxing Results: Hopkins Dominates Shumenov, Quillin and Porter Victorious
- Shobox Boxing Results: Salka Upsets Collado!
- ESPN Boxcino Tournament Results: Monroe and Adams Win to Advance to Finals
- Showtime Boxing Preview: Bernard Hopkins vs. Shumenov, Quillin vs Konecny, Porter vs. Malignaggi
- Oscar De La Hoya Steals The Show During Marcos Maidana’s Media Conference Call
- Peter Quillin Interview: Fighting for Cuban Pride and Respect – Part 2
- Showtime, Borrowing Soviet-Style Tactic, Turns Sergey Kovalev into Non-Person
- Jackie Kallen: Keith Thurman rides again this weekend
- All Access: Why Floyd Loves The Haters
- Was That Shawn Porter…Or Jack Dempsey?
- Floyd Mayweather Set to Summon Favored Reporters for New Media Blitz
- Guess What, Guys? It’s Okay To Fight On Cable
- Can We Please Cool It With The PPV Undercards?
- Showtime Boxing Triple-Header: History, High Stakes, and Chocolate
- In Praise Of Floyd Mayweather
- Apologies for Doubting Manny Pacquiao – Now Let’s Beat Mayweather