Jackie Kallen Live Report from Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guererro Weigh Ins
- May 3rd, 2013
By Jackie Kallen
As far as weigh-ins go, it was a peaceful event. Compared to some, it was relatively non-eventful. The main event fighters all made weight and there were no major clashes.
Naturally Mayweather and Guerrero did their fair amount of smack talk. They stood face to face, Mayweather chewing gum and Guerrero never flinching or backing down.
Both men looked ripped, fit, and ready. The two fighters’s fathers seemed more heated than their sons. Mayweather Sr. made a slashing movement across his throat while glaring at The Ghost. I guess that’s fair since Robert’s father, Ruben, has called Floyd a “wife beater” quite publicly.
Like all big fights, there has to be controversy and excitement. Both camps have done their best to sell this fight. Although Guerrero is not a household name and is a serious underdog, he had his group of supporters at the weigh-in. They were enthusiastic and verbal, but it was obviously a Mayweather crowd.
When Money came out, the 5,000 people on hand went crazy. They stomped, whistled and chanted. As much as some people don’t like him personally, a hundred times more people admire him as a champion.
He is widely considered to be the P4P best boxer in the world. It’s a fact that any fighter can beat any other fighter on any given night. That being said, Robert Guerrero has his work cut out for him.
Jackie Kallen is a boxing manager who has been in the business for over three decades. Her life inspired the Meg Ryan film “Against the Ropes” and she was a part of the NBC series “The Contender.” www.JackieKallen.com, www.facebook.com/JackieKallen
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Dusty Harrison Remains Undefeated, Morales and Nugaev Win
- Showtime PPV Preview: Canelo vs. Angulo, Santa Cruz vs. Mijares
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Shobox Results: J’Leon Love Wins & A Night of Unforeseen Events
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Boxino – Kopylenko, Adams, Gatica, and Monroe Advance
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. V. Bryan Vera: Take Two in San Antonio, Texas
- Floyd Mayweather Gives The Media A Very Strange “Moment.”
- Rapacious Showtime Demanding $60 for Canelo Alvarez-Alfredo Angulo
- Alfredo “Perro” Angulo: Going against the Vegas Chalk and Picking Angulo to Win
- Is Canelo Alvarez an A-List Boxer – Or Just An A-List Celebrity?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo by the Numbers
- The Top Boxing Fights That Need to Be Made From Matchmaker Ron Katz
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner Inevitable?