Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson Launches Latest Venture, SMS Boxing Promotions
- November 16th, 2012
50 Cent issued the following press release:
CURTIS “50 CENT” JACKSON LAUNCHES LATEST VENTURE, SMS PROMOTIONS
Boxing Promotions Company Licensed in Nevada And New York States
November 16, 2012 (NEW YORK, N.Y.) — Music superstar and business entrepreneur, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson today announced the launch of his latest business venture, SMS Promotions, a boxing promotions company which was recently granted promoters license by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Jackson was approved for a license in New York earlier this year.
SMS Promotions has already acquired four top fighters in the industry including former featherweight title holder Yuriorkis Gambia, super middle weight contender Andre Darrell, Australian IBF featherweight titlist Billy Dib and featherweight contender Celestine Caballero.
“I love boxing and have always been a big fan of the sport, so it feels especially great for me to be involved with the game at this level. My goal is to build SMS Promotions into one of boxing’s most respected promoters and bring the best fights to audiences nationwide,” states Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.
SMS Promotions and Top Rank will co-promote Gambia’s bout on the Pacquiao-Marquez IV undercard on December 8, 2012. The fight will be produced and distributed Live by HBO Pay-Per-View from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, in Las Vegas. Gamboa’s opponent is yet to be determined.
Widely recognized as one of the most talented and prolific music artists of his time, Jackson has sold over 22 million albums worldwide and launched numerous businesses across a broad spectrum including music ownership, artist management, film production, footwear and clothing, fragrance, video games, publishing and energy drinks.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Pacquiao, Ricky Hatton, 50 Cent, and more….
- The King of the Borough: Malignaggi Gives Judah a Boxing Clinic
- HBO Results: Kirkland and Tapia Steal Show, Rigondeaux Wins a Bore
- Floyd Mayweather’s TMT Crew Takes Care of Business on ShoBox
- HBO Boxing Preview: Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko, Tapia vs. Kirkland, Macklin vs. Russ
- David Price Drops British and Commonwealth Titles; Dereck Chisora Calls Out Deontay Wilder
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Chisora, Barker vs. Sturm, Pacquiao, Mansour, and more…
- Monte Barrett Rips David Tua’s Promoters: “They Stole From Him, Destroyed His Career!”
- WBC Champ Vitali Klitschko Reported Turning Back Huge Ukrainian Mob
- Dana White Returns To Boxing With New Reality TV Show “The Fighters”
- Must We Disdain Excitement & Rally to Snore-Mongering Guillermo Rigondeaux?
- WBC Should Sanction an Interim Champion; Vitali Klitschko has Bigger Fights Ahead
- Boxing’s Biggest Battle: HBO vs Showtime
- Adrien Broner and the Anatomy of Creating a Superstar
- Still Think Paulie Malignaggi Is An Old Man?
- Sticking Guillermo Rigondeaux in Main Event Is like Selling Tickets to Smallpox
- Jackie Kallen: Go Paulie (Malignaggi) Go!
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah fight in the Battle for Brooklyn Tonight
- ‘Brooklyn in the House’: Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi
- Guillermo Rigondeaux Just Needs To Be Himself