Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson Launches Latest Venture, SMS Boxing Promotions
- November 16th, 2012
50 Cent issued the following press release:
CURTIS “50 CENT” JACKSON LAUNCHES LATEST VENTURE, SMS PROMOTIONS
Boxing Promotions Company Licensed in Nevada And New York States
November 16, 2012 (NEW YORK, N.Y.) — Music superstar and business entrepreneur, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson today announced the launch of his latest business venture, SMS Promotions, a boxing promotions company which was recently granted promoters license by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Jackson was approved for a license in New York earlier this year.
SMS Promotions has already acquired four top fighters in the industry including former featherweight title holder Yuriorkis Gambia, super middle weight contender Andre Darrell, Australian IBF featherweight titlist Billy Dib and featherweight contender Celestine Caballero.
“I love boxing and have always been a big fan of the sport, so it feels especially great for me to be involved with the game at this level. My goal is to build SMS Promotions into one of boxing’s most respected promoters and bring the best fights to audiences nationwide,” states Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.
SMS Promotions and Top Rank will co-promote Gambia’s bout on the Pacquiao-Marquez IV undercard on December 8, 2012. The fight will be produced and distributed Live by HBO Pay-Per-View from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, in Las Vegas. Gamboa’s opponent is yet to be determined.
Widely recognized as one of the most talented and prolific music artists of his time, Jackson has sold over 22 million albums worldwide and launched numerous businesses across a broad spectrum including music ownership, artist management, film production, footwear and clothing, fragrance, video games, publishing and energy drinks.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Shobox Results: J’Leon Love Wins & A Night of Unforeseen Events
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Boxino – Kopylenko, Adams, Gatica, and Monroe Advance
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. V. Bryan Vera: Take Two in San Antonio, Texas
- HBO Boxing Preview: Chavez Jr. vs. Vera, Lomachenko vs. Salido
- Ricky Burns v Terence Crawford Preview
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner Inevitable?
- What’s next for Jean Pascal?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo: the Pop Star vs. the Dog
- It makes sense for Floyd Mayweather choose Marcos Maidana
- Mayweather-Pacquiao: Is It Finally Time To Move On?
- Vasyl Lomachenko: A Star Isn’t Born
- Vitali Klitschko: Unappreciated In The Ring – And In World Affairs