Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson Launches Latest Venture, SMS Boxing Promotions
- November 16th, 2012
50 Cent issued the following press release:
CURTIS “50 CENT” JACKSON LAUNCHES LATEST VENTURE, SMS PROMOTIONS
Boxing Promotions Company Licensed in Nevada And New York States
November 16, 2012 (NEW YORK, N.Y.) — Music superstar and business entrepreneur, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson today announced the launch of his latest business venture, SMS Promotions, a boxing promotions company which was recently granted promoters license by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Jackson was approved for a license in New York earlier this year.
SMS Promotions has already acquired four top fighters in the industry including former featherweight title holder Yuriorkis Gambia, super middle weight contender Andre Darrell, Australian IBF featherweight titlist Billy Dib and featherweight contender Celestine Caballero.
“I love boxing and have always been a big fan of the sport, so it feels especially great for me to be involved with the game at this level. My goal is to build SMS Promotions into one of boxing’s most respected promoters and bring the best fights to audiences nationwide,” states Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.
SMS Promotions and Top Rank will co-promote Gambia’s bout on the Pacquiao-Marquez IV undercard on December 8, 2012. The fight will be produced and distributed Live by HBO Pay-Per-View from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, in Las Vegas. Gamboa’s opponent is yet to be determined.
Widely recognized as one of the most talented and prolific music artists of his time, Jackson has sold over 22 million albums worldwide and launched numerous businesses across a broad spectrum including music ownership, artist management, film production, footwear and clothing, fragrance, video games, publishing and energy drinks.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- ESPN Boxcino Tournament Results: Monroe and Adams Win to Advance to Finals
- Showtime Boxing Preview: Bernard Hopkins vs. Shumenov, Quillin vs Konecny, Porter vs. Malignaggi
- Oscar De La Hoya Steals The Show During Marcos Maidana’s Media Conference Call
- Peter Quillin Interview: Fighting for Cuban Pride and Respect – Part 2
- King Sports – Debut Boxing Card Results from Santa Monica
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Canelo, Lara, Provodnikov, Hopkins, and more
- Interview with Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin – aiming to be Legendary
- PPV Round by Round Results: Manny Pacquiao Wins A Thriller In A Close Fight
- HBO PPV Televised Undercard Results: Beltran, Vargas, and Vasquez Win Decision Victories
- HBO PPV Untelevised Undercard Results: Monaghan, Valdez, Falcao, and Gvozdyk Win Easily
- Floyd Mayweather Set to Summon Favored Reporters for New Media Blitz
- Guess What, Guys? It’s Okay To Fight On Cable
- Can We Please Cool It With The PPV Undercards?
- Showtime Boxing Triple-Header: History, High Stakes, and Chocolate
- In Praise Of Floyd Mayweather
- Apologies for Doubting Manny Pacquiao – Now Let’s Beat Mayweather
- Pacquiao – Bradley 2: The End Of An Illusion
- Why Pacquiao-Bradley Is A Far Better Matchup Than Mayweather-Maidana
- 5 Reasons Why Tim Bradley Will Beat Manny Pacquiao
- Sports Books Have Good Reason to Favor Manny Pacquiao over Timothy Bradley