Broner, Trout To Be Honored Friday Night With Emanuel Steward Award
- April 30th, 2013
As a perfect prelude to Mayday—the welterweight showdown between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Robert Guerrero Saturday night—the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas will play host to an event ‘Mixing It Up With The Champs Happy Hour Social’ honoring a handful of up-and-coming boxing champions by presenting them with the esteemed Emanuel Steward Award. The award is given to fighters for their hard work and dedication to the world of sports inside and out of the ring
Presented by the famed boxing family ‘The Watsons, Y.E.S. Productions, All Night Media Inc. and Exotic Euro Cars, honorees include lightweight champion Adrien Broner, unified welterweight champion Danny Garcia, middleweight contender Fernando Guerrero (who suffered a defeat to Peter Quillin this past weekend) and former light middleweight champion Austin Trout (who relinquished his title to Canelo Alvarez April 20).
An invite only event offered to die-hard boxing fans, guests will find themselves in the presence of boxing, football and the entertainment world’s top icons, including boxing stars Floyd Mayweather and Shane Mosley, NFL players Desean Jackson, Darnell Dockett and Willis McGahee, and hip hop artists Diddy and Busta Rhymes—to name but a few.
The festivities will get underway this Friday, May 3 at 4:30 p.m. with the red carpet portion beginning at 5 and the honoree presentation commencing at 6 and running until 8 p.m.; taking place within the Grand Ball Room of the MGM Grand Conference Center.
Not only giving some of boxing’s bright up-and-coming stars the recognition they deserve for their unrelenting work, the event will also allow fans to feel the intensity and excitement of the hype leading up to Saturday night’s world championship fight.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Shobox Results: J’Leon Love Wins & A Night of Unforeseen Events
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Boxino – Kopylenko, Adams, Gatica, and Monroe Advance
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. V. Bryan Vera: Take Two in San Antonio, Texas
- HBO Boxing Preview: Chavez Jr. vs. Vera, Lomachenko vs. Salido
- Ricky Burns v Terence Crawford Preview
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner Inevitable?
- What’s next for Jean Pascal?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo: the Pop Star vs. the Dog
- It makes sense for Floyd Mayweather choose Marcos Maidana
- Mayweather-Pacquiao: Is It Finally Time To Move On?
- Vasyl Lomachenko: A Star Isn’t Born
- Vitali Klitschko: Unappreciated In The Ring – And In World Affairs