Broner, Trout To Be Honored Friday Night With Emanuel Steward Award
- April 30th, 2013
As a perfect prelude to Mayday—the welterweight showdown between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Robert Guerrero Saturday night—the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas will play host to an event ‘Mixing It Up With The Champs Happy Hour Social’ honoring a handful of up-and-coming boxing champions by presenting them with the esteemed Emanuel Steward Award. The award is given to fighters for their hard work and dedication to the world of sports inside and out of the ring
Presented by the famed boxing family ‘The Watsons, Y.E.S. Productions, All Night Media Inc. and Exotic Euro Cars, honorees include lightweight champion Adrien Broner, unified welterweight champion Danny Garcia, middleweight contender Fernando Guerrero (who suffered a defeat to Peter Quillin this past weekend) and former light middleweight champion Austin Trout (who relinquished his title to Canelo Alvarez April 20).
An invite only event offered to die-hard boxing fans, guests will find themselves in the presence of boxing, football and the entertainment world’s top icons, including boxing stars Floyd Mayweather and Shane Mosley, NFL players Desean Jackson, Darnell Dockett and Willis McGahee, and hip hop artists Diddy and Busta Rhymes—to name but a few.
The festivities will get underway this Friday, May 3 at 4:30 p.m. with the red carpet portion beginning at 5 and the honoree presentation commencing at 6 and running until 8 p.m.; taking place within the Grand Ball Room of the MGM Grand Conference Center.
Not only giving some of boxing’s bright up-and-coming stars the recognition they deserve for their unrelenting work, the event will also allow fans to feel the intensity and excitement of the hype leading up to Saturday night’s world championship fight.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Pacquiao, Ricky Hatton, 50 Cent, and more….
- The King of the Borough: Malignaggi Gives Judah a Boxing Clinic
- HBO Results: Kirkland and Tapia Steal Show, Rigondeaux Wins a Bore
- Floyd Mayweather’s TMT Crew Takes Care of Business on ShoBox
- HBO Boxing Preview: Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko, Tapia vs. Kirkland, Macklin vs. Russ
- David Price Drops British and Commonwealth Titles; Dereck Chisora Calls Out Deontay Wilder
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Chisora, Barker vs. Sturm, Pacquiao, Mansour, and more…
- Monte Barrett Rips David Tua’s Promoters: “They Stole From Him, Destroyed His Career!”
- WBC Champ Vitali Klitschko Reported Turning Back Huge Ukrainian Mob
- Dana White Returns To Boxing With New Reality TV Show “The Fighters”
- Must We Disdain Excitement & Rally to Snore-Mongering Guillermo Rigondeaux?
- WBC Should Sanction an Interim Champion; Vitali Klitschko has Bigger Fights Ahead
- Boxing’s Biggest Battle: HBO vs Showtime
- Adrien Broner and the Anatomy of Creating a Superstar
- Still Think Paulie Malignaggi Is An Old Man?
- Sticking Guillermo Rigondeaux in Main Event Is like Selling Tickets to Smallpox
- Jackie Kallen: Go Paulie (Malignaggi) Go!
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah fight in the Battle for Brooklyn Tonight
- ‘Brooklyn in the House’: Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi
- Guillermo Rigondeaux Just Needs To Be Himself