50 Cent Signs Billy Dib To TMT Stable That Includes Gamboa and Dirrell
- July 30th, 2012
by Johnny Walker
Rapper and fledgling boxing promoter 50 Cent (aka Curtis Jackson) has signed IBF featherweight champion Billy Dib of Australia to a promotional contract, according to various media sources.
Also on the new TMT (The Money Team) roster are super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell and Cuban expatriate featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa.
And of course Floyd Mayweather Jr., 50′s partner in the TMT venture, figures to be involved in future cards as both a promoter and as a headline attraction.
“We want to change boxing,” says Fiddy, a former amateur boxer who says he wants to take a fighter-oriented, rather than a promoter-oriented, approach to the sport.
“The goal initially is to create a company by fighters, for the fighters, which breaks the traditional vibe of promoters taking advantage of fighters.”
“To me, the options are pretty clear. You can deal with a snake in the grass, a snake in the street or you could try something new,” adds Mr. Cent.
Dib lost his US debut back in 2008 to Steve Luevano and was subsequently dropped by Golden Boy Promotions.
Now he’ll get another crack at the US market with TMT.
“50 Cent has basically flown us over here, and he showed us a lot of love,” says Dib.
“I like the sound of the company. I like the people that he has signed to the company. I’m really excited about the future and what the future holds for me in boxing with this company.”
“I really want to associate myself with the best possible talent, and Billy falls into that category,” explains 50 Cent.
“Floyd [Mayweather Jr.] asked me to sign him, he has been watching his career and he has always been a big fan.
“When you have talent, it is important to showcase that talent.”
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- David Price Drops British and Commonwealth Titles; Dereck Chisora Calls Out Deontay Wilder
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Chisora, Barker vs. Sturm, Pacquiao, Mansour, and more…
- Monte Barrett Rips David Tua’s Promoters: “They Stole From Him, Destroyed His Career!”
- WBC Champ Vitali Klitschko Reported Turning Back Huge Ukrainian Mob
- Dana White Returns To Boxing With New Reality TV Show “The Fighters”
- HBO Boxing Results: Stevenson and Kovalev Win by Knockout, Again…..
- Another Bizarre Stoppage in the UK: Chisora Halts Pala
- HBO Boxing Preview: Stevenson vs. Bellew, Kovalev vs. Sillakh
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Pacquiao and Taxes, Judah, Molina, Kovalev, Fortuna, and more…
- Anthony Mundine Defeats Shane Mosley: Is this finally the End?
- Top Rank Will Kiss Off HBO to Get Floyd Mayweather Deal with Manny Pacquiao
- Froch-Groves: Miscellaneous Musings in the Aftermath of a Masterclass
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather takes his promotion company on the road
- Ex-Lightweight Anthony Fletcher Entombed Live for Want of ‘Hook’
- On Sense and Sensibility Among Boxing’s Critics
- All I want For Christmas Are These Ten Fights: the Best Match-Up’s In Boxing
- It’s Time To Give Boxing Fans What They Want
- Jackie Kallen: Bronco McKart rides on….and on…..
- How Adrien Broner Can Live Up To The Hype
- Sergey Kovalev: Impressed Yet?