50 Cent Signs Billy Dib To TMT Stable That Includes Gamboa and Dirrell
- July 30th, 2012
by Johnny Walker
Rapper and fledgling boxing promoter 50 Cent (aka Curtis Jackson) has signed IBF featherweight champion Billy Dib of Australia to a promotional contract, according to various media sources.
Also on the new TMT (The Money Team) roster are super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell and Cuban expatriate featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa.
And of course Floyd Mayweather Jr., 50′s partner in the TMT venture, figures to be involved in future cards as both a promoter and as a headline attraction.
“We want to change boxing,” says Fiddy, a former amateur boxer who says he wants to take a fighter-oriented, rather than a promoter-oriented, approach to the sport.
“The goal initially is to create a company by fighters, for the fighters, which breaks the traditional vibe of promoters taking advantage of fighters.”
“To me, the options are pretty clear. You can deal with a snake in the grass, a snake in the street or you could try something new,” adds Mr. Cent.
Dib lost his US debut back in 2008 to Steve Luevano and was subsequently dropped by Golden Boy Promotions.
Now he’ll get another crack at the US market with TMT.
“50 Cent has basically flown us over here, and he showed us a lot of love,” says Dib.
“I like the sound of the company. I like the people that he has signed to the company. I’m really excited about the future and what the future holds for me in boxing with this company.”
“I really want to associate myself with the best possible talent, and Billy falls into that category,” explains 50 Cent.
“Floyd [Mayweather Jr.] asked me to sign him, he has been watching his career and he has always been a big fan.
“When you have talent, it is important to showcase that talent.”
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Showtime PPV Preview: Canelo vs. Angulo, Santa Cruz vs. Mijares
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Shobox Results: J’Leon Love Wins & A Night of Unforeseen Events
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Boxino – Kopylenko, Adams, Gatica, and Monroe Advance
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. V. Bryan Vera: Take Two in San Antonio, Texas
- HBO Boxing Preview: Chavez Jr. vs. Vera, Lomachenko vs. Salido
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo by the Numbers
- The Top Boxing Fights That Need to Be Made From Matchmaker Ron Katz
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner Inevitable?
- What’s next for Jean Pascal?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo: the Pop Star vs. the Dog
- It makes sense for Floyd Mayweather choose Marcos Maidana
- Mayweather-Pacquiao: Is It Finally Time To Move On?