- April 11th, 2008
Florida’s WBC #1 ranked welterweight contender Andre Berto will face Miguel Rodriguez in an eliminator later this year in Memphis. Berto partook in this 60-second interview which also was previously published in Boxing News magazine of the U.K.
Age started boxing: I started boxing at 10-years-old.
First boxing memory: Winning the national Golden Gloves for the first time. I was 16 – one of the youngest ever to win it.
Inspiration: I mean, just want to set an example, and just wanting to be the best in my division.
Favorite all-time fighter: I probably say Marvin Hagler.
Best fight seen: Tyson-Ruddock I.
Pre-fight meal: Pasta.
What do you do to relax: Chill at the house and watch TV [smiles].
Pre-fight superstition: I don’t really have too many superstitions.
What training do you do between fights (if any): Running, basketball, I like to do a little of everything.
Typical breakfast: Waffles and pancakes [smiles].
Toughest part of being a boxer: Ahhh…the pressure.
Favorite music: Hip-hop.
Last book read: The Tony Dungy book
Favorite film: Ah man, I do not know. Maybe Life.
What car do you drive: Right now a Chrysler 300 (black).
Where do you train: Winter Haven, FL.
Training routine: Intense [laughs]. Running, training in the gym, and a lot of conditioning.
Toughest man you faced: So far probably Cosme Rivera.
What supplements do you take: Don’t take any.
If you weren’t a boxer what would you be: Probably playing football.
Last place you went on holiday: Cancun.
Favorite football team: The Brazilian team. And the (Tampa Bay) Bucs.
Best boxer in the sport today: Floyd Mayweather. (Why?) He’s still undefeated. Well, you know what? Best or most exciting, I think Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer in the game but I think Manny Pacquiao is the most exciting.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Rock Steady: Battling Parkinson’s Disease At Gleason’s Gym
- Showtime PPV Results: Canelo Gives Angulo a Beat down in All Mexican Affaire!
- Canelo Dominates Angulo, Almost Saves Pay Per View Card
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Dusty Harrison Remains Undefeated, Morales and Nugaev Win
- Showtime PPV Preview: Canelo vs. Angulo, Santa Cruz vs. Mijares
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Jackie Kallen: Defending Tony Weeks Canelo/Angulo Stoppage
- Floyd Mayweather Gives The Media A Very Strange “Moment.”
- Rapacious Showtime Demanding $60 for Canelo Alvarez-Alfredo Angulo
- Alfredo “Perro” Angulo: Going against the Vegas Chalk and Picking Angulo to Win
- Is Canelo Alvarez an A-List Boxer – Or Just An A-List Celebrity?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo by the Numbers
- The Top Boxing Fights That Need to Be Made From Matchmaker Ron Katz
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons