Escalera & Alvarez on Star Boxing undercard Sat Night At Tropicana
- October 19th, 2011
This Saturday night two members of the Star Boxing stable will be on display as Welterweight Shamone Alvarez & Super Middleweight Jason Escalera will be featured as part of a big night of boxing at the Tropicana Casino & Resort.
The card, promoted by Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing will be headlined by undefeated Jr. Welterweight Raymond Serrano taking on Angel Rios in a ten round bout.
In a second main event, popular Heavyweight Vinny Maddalone will take on Mike Shepperd in a ten round bout.
The main bouts will be televised live across the country on Azteca America.
Alvarez will take hard punching Doel Carrasquillo.
Alvarez (21-4, 12 KO’s) has been a staple in his hometown of Atlantic City as this will be his fifteenth appearance on the Boardwalk. He has been right on the cusp of being a top contender in the loaded Welterweight division with wins over undefeated fighters Mohammad Kayongo, & Edward Gutierrez as well as contenders Jose Luis Cruz, Terrance Cauthen and Alexis Camacho.
Carrasquillo of Lancaster, PA is a grizzled veteran with over 34 fights (13KO’s) who has fought of the top fighters’s in the Jr. Welterweight & Welterweight divisions. The list of Carrasquillo’s is opponents is impressive to say the least as he has shared the ring with the likes of Mike Jones & Mike Arnaoutis just to name a few. Carrasquillo is known as a rugged puncher who has pulled off upsets over undefeated prospects Wayland Willingham and Denis Douglin
Escalera will take on Mickey Scarborough in a six round Super Middleweight bout that features fighters with seventeen combined wins with sixteen coming via knockout.
Escalera (11-0, 10 KO’s) of Union City, New Jersey is one of the top prospects in the division and posses tremendous knockout prowess. In his last bout, Escalera stopped the durable Mustafah Johnson in two rounds in his Star Boxing debut.
Scarborough (6-3, 6 KO’s) of Kansas City will be looking to spring the upset and he has shown in previous bouts that he has knockout power as all of his wins have come early.
Fans in attendance can also witness an eight round Heavyweight bout that will feature contender Chazz Witherspoon (28-2, 20 KO’s) of Paulsboro, NJ taking on Ty Cobb (14-2, 8 KO’s) of Wichita Falls, Texas.
This Saturday night, Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing will acknowledge National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with the use of Pink Gloves during a big night of boxing at the Tropicana Casino & Resort.
The show will be broadcast Live on Azteca America.
All twelve fighters on the six bout card will be wearing the pink gloves.
The gloves are donated by Everlast.
“Breast cancer needs to be knocked out”, said Star Boxing CEO Joe DeGuardia.
“It is important to raise awareness for this disease that affects so many people. We hope by using the pink gloves that it will spread consciousness to the audience in attendance and the viewers watching around the world.”
Tickets for October 22nd are available by calling the Star Boxing office at (718) 823-2000 or visiting www.starboxing.com. Tickets are priced at $30, $50, $100 and $200.
Tickets may also be purchased at any Ticketmaster outlet, or by going directly online to Ticketmaster.com. Tickets are also available for purchase at the Tropicana North Tower Box Office or by phone at (609) 340-4000. Doors for the event will open at 7:00PM with the first bout scheduled for 7:30PM. All action will take place in the Tropicana Showroom. The Tropicana Casino and Resort is located at 2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ.
ABOUT TROPICANA CASINO & RESORT:
The Tropicana Casino & Resort is a 24-hour gaming destination located on the beach and Boardwalk. Featuring more than 2,100 rooms and suites and home of The Quarter, a 200,000 square foot entertainment complex, Tropicana is the premier resort in Atlantic City. With more than 20 restaurants, 20 shops, 12 bars and lounges, 2 pools, an IMAX Theatre and a spa, Tropicana is consistently rated as the “Must-See Attraction” in Atlantic City. For more information, visit the new official Web Site at www.tropicana.net For more exclusive discounts, current information, pictures, and video, be sure to check out the Tropicana on the Web at www.facebook.com/TropAC or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/TropicanaAC
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Showtime Boxing Results: Lucas Matthysse Smashes Lamont Peterson, Alexander Defeats Purdy
- Showtime Boxing Undercard Results: Porter Dominates Lo Greco, Favorites Sweep
- Dozens Of Boxing Legends Return to Resorts June 1 including Mike Tyson
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail