Helpful Tips For Losing 2 lbs. Per Week
When you establish a fitness and weight loss plan, it’s important to set short-term goals in order to build success. Accomplishing short-term goals is the best way to achieve long-term goals. You have to create small steps of excitement as you work toward the finish line. One way to do this is by setting up a weekly weight loss goal. A good weekly weight loss goal would be to lose 2 lbs. per week. This not only leads to healthy weight loss, but it is also very realistic for most people. If your weekly weight loss goal is to lose 2 lbs. per week, here are some great tips to help you along.
1. Write down your goal. When you put anything in writing it always makes it real. That’s why so many life coaches and successful entrepreneurs tell you to write down your dreams and aspirations on paper. When you have your weight loss goal written on paper in front of you, it helps you stay committed.
2. Plan ahead. Get a jumpstart on your goal by planning ahead. If you want to lose 2 lbs. per week then prepare a set of healthy meals for yourself. This will help you stay on track and avoid eating out because you don’t feel like cooking a healthy meal. The meal is already there for you!
3. Eat more soup. Soup is one of the healthiest meals you can make for yourself because it’s low on calories yet filling at the same time. Chicken noodle soup and vegetable-based soups are best.
4. Focus one day at a time. If you are easily overwhelmed by the prospect of your weekly weight loss goal, then narrow your focus down to your daily activities. Focus on one day at a time. You can even focus on one meal at a time so that you don’t sabotage yourself. If you eat a healthy breakfast, then focus on eating a healthy lunch, and then a healthy dinner. Before you know it, you’ll have eaten healthy all week long.
5. Don’t skip meals. As tempting as it may be to skip a meal so that you achieve your two-pound weight loss, don’t. Skipping meals actually causes your body to store fat, and you could end up gaining 2 lbs. instead.
6. Exercise daily. Exercising is a great way to enhance your weight loss and it also helps you to relax and distress. Find an activity you enjoy and try to do it daily.
7. Encourage yourself daily. Goals are only as achievable as you make them, and supporting yourself is key. If you eat well on Monday, then give yourself a pat on the back. If you eat poorly on Wednesday, then give yourself a pat on the back for trying. Everyone has setbacks. Keep working at it and don’t every give up. And when you do well, reward yourself with compliments or a new pair of clothes.