Tye Fields Gunning For Prizefighter Crown
- April 22nd, 2011
TKO King Tye Fields Gunning For Prizefighter Crown
American with 41 knockouts from 45 wins joins May 7 line-up
Knockout American fighter Tye Fields is the latest man to join the line-up for Prizefighter International Heavyweights Alexandra Palace on May 7.
The 6ft 8in southpaw known as ‚ÄúBig Sky‚ÄĚ has 41 knockouts from his 45 wins as a pro, and his incredible knockout percentage means fans are in for a treat when the 36 year-old enters the ring in the 18th edition of Matchroom Sport‚Äôs eight-man, one night tournaments, live on Sky Sports.
Fields turned pro in 1999 and he won his first 14 fights with knockouts or stoppages inside the first round. In total, 27 of Fields‚Äô 48 professional fights have ended inside three minutes ‚Äď including two of his three losses ‚Äď and 40 of his fights have finished inside three rounds. The Montana born fighter, who now lives in Canada, counts former World champion Bruce Seldon, Saul Montana, Ed Mahone and Maurice Harris as notable scalps in his career so far.
‚ÄúI’m delighted to welcome Tye to the Prizefighter International Heavyweights line up,‚ÄĚ said Matchroom Sport‚Äôs managing director Eddie Hearn. ‚ÄúWith 45 wins and 41 knockouts, Tye is the perfect choice for the event and fans can expect fireworks from him on May 7. This event is shaping up to be a classic and all the fighters know that victory here could lead to a World Title shot later this year.‚ÄĚ
He joins fellow American Kevin ‚ÄėKingpin‚Äô Johnson who boasts 24 victories and just one defeat, a points loss to Vitali Klitschko in a WBC title challenge in December 2009, David Haye‚Äôs Puerto Rican sparring partner Fres Oquendo and unbeaten Irish-based Cuban Mike ‚ÄėThe Rebel‚Äô Perez, who holds ten knockout victories from 13 fights, all inside three rounds.
UK Prizefighter Heavyweight champion Michael Sprott will be flying the flag on home-soil while French Heavyweight champ Gregory Tony and big-hitting German Konstantin Airich, who holds 13 knockouts from 16 wins and is remembered for a crazy fight with Danny Williams in May 2008, are also confirmed in the line-up, with one fighter still to be named.
Tickets for Prizefighter International Heavyweights at London‚Äôs Alexandra Palace on Saturday 7 May are available from Matchroom Sport priced ¬£35 unreserved, ¬£50 and ¬£60 ringside and ¬£120 VIP ‚Äď to buy call Matchroom Sport on 01277 359900.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- FNF Results: Head Butts Set Theme For FNF; Howard Earns Technical Split Decision, Rodriguez Wins TKO
- UFC 160 Preview: Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva, Dos Santos vs. Hunt
- HBO Boxing Preview: Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler
- Former World Title Challengers Delvin Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez Battle On FNF
- Antonio Margarito Wants to Make Boxing Return
- Mikkel Kessler Ready For Super-Middleweight Unification Bout With Carl Froch Saturday Night
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero‚Äôs Jungle Trail