Ricky Hatton and John Hartson Join Forces To Fight Cancer
- May 4th, 2011
HARTSON AND HATTON JOIN FORCES IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CANCER
He’s fought the very best during his glittering boxing career, and now Ricky Hatton is teaming up with former football star John Hartson to help take on the biggest fight of all.
On Thursday, June 2, 2011 – almost two years since Hartson was rushed into hospital for life-saving cancer surgery – the pair will be guests of honour at a special gala dinner to be held at The Royal Lancaster hotel, London, in support of The John Hartson Foundation.
Raising awareness and support of Testicular Cancer, the charity was set up through the determination of Hartson himself, after his own traumatic ordeal with the illness. In July 2009, the former Arsenal, West Ham, Celtic and Wales star was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer after ignoring a lump for four years. The cancer spread to his lungs and brain, and left him fighting for his life.
Since then, he has undergone 11 operations and 77 sessions of chemotherapy after defying the odds to pull through. Now in remission, the 36-year-old is devoting his time to raising awareness about the illness and helping others in their battle to beat cancer.
John Hartson says: ‘I’m honoured that Ricky will be a special guest at the dinner and extremely grateful that he has given up his time to support the charity. It is going to be a fantastic night and will hopefully help to raise a lot of awareness and support for the charity. The fight against cancer requires a lot of bravery, determination and spirit, and who better to have supporting it than one of the bravest fighters of his generation.’
Ricky Hatton says: ‘I am proud to be associated with The John Hartson Foundation and being given the opportunity to help raise awareness of Testicular cancer.
I have fought and won many fights in the boxing ring but John has shown what a tremendously brave man he is, in the toughest fight of all, the fight for his life.
With your help and support we can help more people in their battle against this illness.
I look forward to meeting John and I hope that you can join us for what looks to be a special night to raise awareness of testicular cancer and support the John Hartson foundation’.
For more information on the John Hartson Tribute Dinner, contact Steve Surridge at Eclipse Sports Promotions on: 020 8441 2714 or 07717 798378
Or email: email@example.com
For more information on The John Hartson Foundation, visit: www.johnhartsonfoundation.com
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- UFC on FX Preview: Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold
- Showtime Boxing Preview: Peterson vs. Matthysse, Alexander vs. Purdy
- Welterweight Prospect Pablo Cesar Cano Battles Former Champion Shane Mosley Saturday Night
- IBF Champion Peterson Meets Matthysse Saturday Night In Light Welterweight Showdown
- Manny Pacquiao Isn’t Arrested, But May Face Vote-Buying Charges
- Robert Guerrero Gun Charges Dismissed – Gets Fine, Community Service
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Mike Tyson, David Haye, Bute vs. Pascal, Michael Buffer, and more
- Robert Guerrero Firearm Possession Charges Dismissed
- Manny Pacquiao Gets VADA to do Drug Testing for Rios Bout
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail
- Jackie Kallen: Live Report Mayweather/ Guerrero was a Ho Hum Night
- Robert Guerrero’s Father Seeks to Make Floyd Mayweather Bout Personal
- Robert Guerrero aims to continue Bay Area Dominance