Graham Earl Signs Michael Grant – Fights Youssef Al Hamidi On May 7th
- May 3rd, 2011
Former World Champion turned promoter Graham Earl has signed one time English title challenger Michael Grant to his rapidly growing stable of thoroughbred boxing prospects.
Grant is set to make his maiden outing under the Graham Earl Promotions banner this coming Saturday, at Graham’s ‘Redemption Day’ double title headed event at York Hall in Bethnal Green. Grant’s opponent has been named as tough Dewsbury, Yorkshire based Syrian Youssef Al Hamidi.
On making the announcement Graham Earl said, “Michael’s a good fighter, he’s done his apprenticeship. We know he’s a very good fighter and should be right up there challenging for more titles, the only reason he isn’t is that he doesn’t get to fight that often.
That will change now, so it’s down to him to show everyone that we made the right decision in signing him.”
Grant then spoke briefly on both signing with Graham Earl Promotions and Saturday’s showdown with Al Hamidi, “I’m really pleased that Graham has taken an interest in me.
It means so much to me as Graham is obviously going to get me the fights that I need to get and want this year. I’m really, really happy to be with Graham.
This is a now or never for me, I’ve had some time out and now I’ve really got to get out there and make a point.
Youssef is very experienced and has been in with some good names, he’s never been stopped, so he’s a really strong and durable fella. He’ll be a good come back fight for me.
I’m confident I’ll get the win, I’m much stronger at Lightweight and I expect to be getting a lot of stoppages at this weight.
I’m not saying I’m one hundred percent going to stop Youssef, he’s very strong and never been stopped in fourty odd fights, but I feel so much stronger at this weight and his record gives me more of an incentive to go for it to make a big statement on my return.”
Michael Grant, against Youssef Al Hamidi features on the Graham Earl promoted ‘Redemption Day’ event which is co-headlined by fellow TKO Boxing Gym mate Leon ‘Solid’ Williams who defends the BBBofC Southern Area Cruiserweight title against Danny Couzens at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Saturday 7th May 2011.
Co-headlining will be the eagerly anticipated Paul Morby-Daniel Cadman rematch for the Southern Area Super Middleweight title.
In addition to Michael Grant, Graham Earl has lined up a seriously strong undercard featuring some of the Country’s most exciting young warlords.
Former American Basketball star Emmanuel ‘Manny’ Oshunrinde will be hoping that his return to York Hall will be more satisfying than his previous outing there.
Oshunrinde was clearly robbed of his first win on British soil when his shortened fight with Jahmaine Smyle was declared a technical draw, following the fight being stopped, in the first round, due to a serious cut over Smyle’s right eye.
On May 7th Oshunrinde will be facing Sam Couzens, brother of Danny who faces Leon Williams.
Graham also has his exciting Light Welterweight Terry Holmes out for his third professional bout, against a yet to be named opponent. Holmes has proved to be nothing short of sensational on his two previous outings and Graham has big expectations for the heavy hitting nineteen year old from Stevenage.
Another big hitter, Belfast’s Joe Hillerby, will also be getting his third outing. Hillerby, who debuted in October 2010, has made quite an impact on the scene. No surprise really, after all he is an all action heavy hitter with a knockout finish, as proved on his debut against Gavin Putney, which lasted just 43 seconds!
His second fight, against super tough Ryan Clark, lasted the full course and turned out to be one of the most action packed fights of the night at Graham Earl’s excellent ‘Capital Punishment’ event back in January.
Lowestoft Featherweight Craig Poxton will be looking to get back to winning ways, following his loss to Grant’s opponent on Saturday Youssef Al Hamidi a year ago.
Making their professional debuts at ‘Redemption Day’ are Belfast’s Mark Ginley, Heavyweight Scott Whyley whilst former Armed Services boxer Sam Standing will be joining his TKO Boxing Gym mates Williams, Grant and Oshunrinde on the show.
Tickets for the Graham Earl Promoted ‘Redemption Day’ event at the York Hall, Bethnal Green, London on Saturday 7th May 2011 are priced £35 (Unreserved) or £60 (Ringside).
For tickets call: 07960 850645, book on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com or call in person at The TKO Boxing Gym, Gillian House, Stephenson Street, Canning Town, London E16 4SA.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- UFC 160 Results: Cain Velasquez Retains Title with TKO over Bigfoot Silva, Junior Dos Santos KOs Mark Hunt
- HBO Boxing Results: Carl Froch Gets His Revenge on Mikkel Kessler
- FNF Results: Head Butts Set Theme For FNF; Howard Earns Technical Split Decision, Rodriguez Wins TKO
- UFC 160 Preview: Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva, Dos Santos vs. Hunt
- HBO Boxing Preview: Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler
- Former World Title Challengers Delvin Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez Battle On FNF
- Antonio Margarito Wants to Make Boxing Return
- Mikkel Kessler Ready For Super-Middleweight Unification Bout With Carl Froch Saturday Night
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail