Cox Challenges For First Pro Title on DebRA Fight Night
- August 23rd, 2011
Swindon star Jamie Cox headlines Frank’s Warren’s first show of the new season on the promoter’s annual DebRA charity show on Friday 9th September at the Hilton Hotel, Park Lane, London.
This will be Warren’s sixth Fight Night in support of DebRA that has helped raised millions of pounds for the national charity that works on behalf of people in the UK that are affected by the genetic skin blistering condition Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).
Cox, 24, was a top amateur who won gold at the 2006 Commonwealth Games and has racked up an unbeaten record of 15 wins in the professional ranks.
He challenges for the first title in his career when he tackles tough Ghanaian Obodai Sai, the current Commonwealth Light-Middleweight Champion, live on Sky Sports.
“I’m ecstatic that I’m going for my first professional title and it’s going to be the first of many,” said Cox.
“Like all fighters from Ghana, Obodai is going to be tough hard guy throwing plenty of punches and it’s going to be a good test for me, which is what I need to get the best out of me,”
“I’m treating him as a world champion and that I’m fighting for the world title on the night.”
He added, “This is my second time on a DebRA Fight Night show and it’s an honour that Frank has put me on as the main event this time,”
“I give my full support to the charity after seeing all the work that they do for sufferers of Epidermolysis Bullosa,”
The show will also feature unbeaten Irish super-featherweight talent Stephen Ormond in an eight-rounder, plus undefeated welterweight prospect George Michael Carmen from Slough in a six-rounder.
The black-tie dinner is always a sell out, and attended by celebrities as well as some of boxing’s biggest names.
Further information on table packages and sponsorship opportunities can be found at: www.debra.org.uk
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- UFC on FX Preview: Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold
- Showtime Boxing Preview: Peterson vs. Matthysse, Alexander vs. Purdy
- Welterweight Prospect Pablo Cesar Cano Battles Former Champion Shane Mosley Saturday Night
- IBF Champion Peterson Meets Matthysse Saturday Night In Light Welterweight Showdown
- Manny Pacquiao Isn’t Arrested, But May Face Vote-Buying Charges
- Robert Guerrero Gun Charges Dismissed – Gets Fine, Community Service
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Mike Tyson, David Haye, Bute vs. Pascal, Michael Buffer, and more
- Robert Guerrero Firearm Possession Charges Dismissed
- Manny Pacquiao Gets VADA to do Drug Testing for Rios Bout
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail
- Jackie Kallen: Live Report Mayweather/ Guerrero was a Ho Hum Night
- Robert Guerrero’s Father Seeks to Make Floyd Mayweather Bout Personal
- Robert Guerrero aims to continue Bay Area Dominance