Colin Lynes Draws Gym Mate Bobby Gladman For Prizefighter Quarter Final.
- June 2nd, 2011
An unexpected twist at the Prizefighter – Welterweights II draw sees TKO Boxing Gym mates Colin Lynes and Bobby Gladman meeting in the quarter final of the Matchroom Sports promoted Prizefighter – Welterweights II, that takes place at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Tuesday, 7th June 2011.
The full line for the quarter finals of Prizefighter – Welterweights II are:
Kevin McIntyre Vs. John Wayne Hibbert
Junior Witter Vs. Nathan Graham
Colin Lynes Vs. Bobby Gladman
Yassine El Maachi Vs. Peter McDonagh
Following the draw for the Prizefighter season finale, which was held at the Skysports studio, former IBO Light Welterweight Champion of the World Colin Lynes spoke briefly on the prospect of facing gym mate Gladman on Tuesday, “I was up for anyone that got drawn out and it so happens that our own gym mate got pulled out, Bobby Gladman, but on the night we’ll get down to business and both give our all.
I know I’m certainly going to be in there to win it, so yeah looking forward to it.”
Lynes then went on to speak further about the Prizefighter – Welterweights II, “Once you get through the first round you’re going to face any of the top names, because it’s been seeded, I’m ready for whoever it might be Yassine El Maachi, Kevin McIntyre or Junior Witter who are also seeded.
Saying that Peter McDonagh always comes to fight, puts on a good show and he’s used to this format. I know he was a substitute but he’s used to the setup so it could be a surprise there, we’ll have to wait and see.
My being in Prizefighter before is going to be an advantage, but it’s such a quick series of fights and you have to work hard in each round of every fight that experience isn’t going to play a big factor but it’s certainly an advantage.
We’re third on so you don’t get much of a turn around before your back in there so again we’ve covered that in training. I’ve sparred and had a lesser rest and gone back in there and I’ve sparred and had a bigger rest. My body is geared up for whatever they throw at me.
I’m confident, Colin Lynes in the final and Colin Lynes winning Prizefighter.”
Prizefighter – Welterweights II, featuring Colin Lynes, Junior Witter, Kevin McIntyre, Yassine El Maachi, John Wayne Hibbert, Bobby Gladman, Nathan Graham and Peter McDonagh, takes place at York Hall, Bethnal Green in London on Tuesday 7th June 2011.
Tickets, priced £35 (Unreserved), SOLD OUT (Ringside), and SOLD OUT (VIP) are available now at www.tkoboxoffice.com or in person at the TKO Boxing Gym, Gillian House, Stephenson Street, Canning Town, London E16 4SA or call 07960 850645
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Showtime Boxing Results: Lucas Matthysse Smashes Lamont Peterson, Alexander Defeats Purdy
- Showtime Boxing Undercard Results: Porter Dominates Lo Greco, Favorites Sweep
- Dozens Of Boxing Legends Return to Resorts June 1 including Mike Tyson
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail