Catchpole Predicts Sweet Revenge Against Spence On Saturday
- June 15th, 2011
This coming weekend Dagenham’s Joe Catchpole will be looking for retribution against Scunthorpe’s Steve Spence, the man who put the only blemish on his otherwise perfect record when they last met.
The rematch, between Catchpole and Spence, will take place at York Hall in Bethnal Green this Saturday, on the undercard of two time World Featherweight Champion Choi Tseveenpürev bout against Australia’s former IBO World Featherweight Champion ‘Action’ Jackson Asiku at Spencer Fearon’s Hard Knock Boxing promotions ‘Summer Smash’ event.
When the pair first locked horns, back in November at the Magna Centre in Rotherham, Catchpole had a perfect three wins in three outings and was quite rightly the bookies favourite. However Spence, whose record stood at two wins and four losses, had very different ideas and took the fight to Catchpole.
For four long hard rounds the pair traded hard and fast. Catchpole being the busier of the two but Spence was landing the more meaningful punches to keep the fight close throughout and no one was too surprised when referee John Foster declared the bout a draw.
Earlier today Catchpole spoke briefly on the upcoming rematch with Spence as well as about their previous meeting, “I’m looking forward to a good fight, it’s going be exciting and sweet revenge.
It will definitely not be a draw this time. Last time I struggled to make weight quite bad, I had a nutrition plan which unfortunately didn’t work, it made me crash diet at the last minute and I just had no energy left after the weigh-in.
I was quite happy to get the draw last time but this time he’ll be lucky to hear the final bell”
Joe Catchpole versus Steve Spence will feature on Spencer Fearon’s Hard Knock Boxing Promotions ‘Summer Smash’ event, headlined by the WBU/WBF Featherweight Champion of the World Choijiljavyn ‘Choi Tseveenpürev, better known as Choi The Mongolian Warrior against former IBO Featherweight Champion of the World ‘Action’ Jackson Asiku from Australia, at York Hall in Bethnal Green on Saturday 18th June 2011
Main support, for Choi versus Jackson Asiku, sees Newly crowned Southern Area Light Welterweight Champion Darren ‘Mr R&B’ Hamilton take on Midlands Area Light Welterweight Champion Dave Ryan for the British Masters Light Welterweight title.
A top class undercard in support of the two featured bouts that includes West Drayton’s sensational Light Middleweight prospect Steve O’Meara who takes on Newark’s heavy hitting A.A. Lowe in a highly anticipated eight rounder.
Worthing, Sussex’s unbeaten Lightweight prospect Alex Dilmaghani is set to face a tough battle against former Irish title challenger, West Ham’s own Mickey Coveney.
Hayes’ resident Light Middleweight war lord Robert Lloyd Taylor is back in action against Leeds hardman Tommy Broadbent.
Philadelphia, USA based Irish Middleweight Simon ‘Slick Fightin Irish’ O’Donnell makes his first visit to the York Hall to take on Doncaster’s Jason ‘Daddy Cool’ Ball.
Finally the highly rated London based Slovakian Heavyweight Marek Onda will be making his professional debut.
Tickets, priced £35 (Standard seated) and £60 (Ringside) for the ‘Summer Smash’ event are available on-line now at www.tkoboxoffice.com, in person at The TKO Boxing Gym, Gillian House, Stephenson Street, Canning Town, London E16 4SA or The Real Fight Club, 2-6 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3NQ or from any boxer appearing on the show. For further information call: 07960 850645
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Showtime Boxing Results: Lucas Matthysse Smashes Lamont Peterson, Alexander Defeats Purdy
- Showtime Boxing Undercard Results: Porter Dominates Lo Greco, Favorites Sweep
- Dozens Of Boxing Legends Return to Resorts June 1 including Mike Tyson
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail