5 Qualities You Need For The Right Personal Trainer
- April 2nd, 2011
Asking the question, “why would I need a personal fitness trainer?” is a lot like asking the question, “why would I need a good mechanic?” There are many positive answers for both. The reason why you would need a good mechanic is to take proper care of your car and learn additional ways to enhance its performance. The same can be said for a personal fitness trainer (minus the car, of course). A good personal fitness trainer can help you take proper care of your body and teach you numerous ways to enhance your fitness performance, which allows you to effectively reach your fitness goals. In fact, there’s a lot to love and appreciate about personal fitness trainers. Here are just a few reasons:
1. They care about you and your health. Personal fitness trainers care deeply about you, your health and your success. After all, how you perform is a direct reflection upon them. They want you to succeed and become as healthy as you can. Many personal trainers are individuals who have lost weight, got fit and thus desire to spread the knowledge they learned to others.
2. They are encouraging. We all need a little extra encouragement now and again — especially when it comes to workout out. Personal fitness trainers are like angels on our shoulders, giving us motivation and lots and lots of encouragement. If you are someone who needs an extra push or a good kick in the butt, a personal fitness trainer can help you stay committed.
3. They are personable. A personal fitness trainer is a lot like a workout buddy who has extensive knowledge about fitness, nutrition and weight loss. When you spend an hour a day with a personal fitness trainer, you get to know them on a personal level. In order to build a level of respect and trust, personal fitness trainers have to be personable. It’s in their job description!
4. They know what they’re talking about. You may not always agree with your personal fitness trainer (especially if they tell you to cut back on the sweets) but it’s important to remember that they know what they are talking about it. They have the knowledge and experience to help you get into shape, or otherwise you wouldn’t be seeking their assistance. They can teach you things that you may have not been able to learn without their help, which will be beneficial to you once you no longer need their services.
5. They had to put in the work, too. As fit as they may seem now, personal fitness trainers also had to put in the hard work to get to where they are. They didn’t just wake up one morning with a sculpted body and a trim waist. No. They, too, had to exercise, eat right and dedicate themselves to getting in shape. That’s why they are so effective at helping others achieve the same goals. They’ve been there, which is why they know how so much.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Rock Steady: Battling Parkinson’s Disease At Gleason’s Gym
- Showtime PPV Results: Canelo Gives Angulo a Beat down in All Mexican Affaire!
- Canelo Dominates Angulo, Almost Saves Pay Per View Card
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Dusty Harrison Remains Undefeated, Morales and Nugaev Win
- Showtime PPV Preview: Canelo vs. Angulo, Santa Cruz vs. Mijares
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Jackie Kallen: Defending Tony Weeks Canelo/Angulo Stoppage
- Floyd Mayweather Gives The Media A Very Strange “Moment.”
- Rapacious Showtime Demanding $60 for Canelo Alvarez-Alfredo Angulo
- Alfredo “Perro” Angulo: Going against the Vegas Chalk and Picking Angulo to Win
- Is Canelo Alvarez an A-List Boxer – Or Just An A-List Celebrity?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo by the Numbers
- The Top Boxing Fights That Need to Be Made From Matchmaker Ron Katz
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons