Nevada MMA Rules: Fouls & Forbidden Acts
- February 15th, 2011
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS FOULS – NEVADA
The following acts are forbidden and classified as fouls, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission:
1 – Butting with the head.
2 – Eye gouging of any kind.
3 – Biting.
4 – Hair pulling.
5 – Fish hooking.
6 – Groin attacks of any kind.
7 – Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent. (see Gouging)
8 – Small joint manipulation.
9 – Striking to the spine or the back of the head. (see Rabbit punch)
10 – Striking downward using the point of the elbow. (see Elbow (strike))
11 – Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
12 – Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
13 – Grabbing the clavicle.
14 – Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
15 – Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
16 – Stomping the head of a grounded opponent.
17 – Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
18 – Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck. (see piledriver)
19 – Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
20 – Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
21 – Spitting at an opponent.
22 – Engaging in unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
23 – Holding the ropes or the fence.
24 – Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
25 – Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
26 – Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
27 – Attacking an opponent after the bell (horn) has sounded the end of a round.
28 – Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
29 – Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
30 – Interference by the corner.
31 – Throwing in the towel during competition.
32 – Using a foreign object in the ring to your advantage.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- HBO Boxing Preview: Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler
- Former World Title Challengers Delvin Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez Battle On FNF
- Antonio Margarito Wants to Make Boxing Return
- Mikkel Kessler Ready For Super-Middleweight Unification Bout With Carl Froch Saturday Night
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail