FIGHT NOW TV Signs Ring Of Fire MMA To Exclusive Programming Deal
- August 19th, 2011
HOBOKEN, New Jersey (August 19, 2011) — FIGHT NOW TV TM — America’s only 24-hour combat sports and entertainment channel – announced today that it has acquired the exclusive library and new event rights to Ring of Fire MMA (“ROF”).
Founded in March, 2000 by promoter Sven Bean, ROF has produced more than 40 events under the ROF brand with ROF 41 set to take place tomorrow night (Saturday, Aug. 20) at the First Bank Center in Denver, which will also air on a tape-delay bases on FIGHT NOW TV.
Based in Denver, ROF has become a premier regional promotion in the United States, helping to establish the careers of such MMA fighters as Duane” Bang” Ludwig, Shane Carwin, Brendan Schaub, and Donald “the Cowboy” Cerrone. The promotion continues to provide a well-run outlet for new and rising stars such as Brandon Thatch and Chid Njokuani, who are headlining the ROF 41 event.
“Sven Bean and his entire team at ROF was a very solid choice for us to add to our MMA programming line-up,” FIGHT NOW TV General Manager Mike Garrow said. “ROF does a excellent job putting-on compelling cards and we look forward to not only showcasing their new events as they happen, but to also tap into the rich library history it has developed over the years. ROF is a welcome addition to our channel’s commitment to feature the top regional MMA promotions from across the country.”
“We are very excited to be working with FIGHT NOW TV,” Bean commented. “This programming deal gives us a chance to showcase our ROF brand and fighters to viewers across the country. FIGHT NOW TV is a great 24/7 combat sports channel, in addition to being a natural fit for us.”
About FIGHT NOW TV: With offices in New Jersey, Las Vegas and Toronto, FIGHT NOW TV is a cross-platform media company that creates and distributes content through its television, video on demand, and online outlets.
Founded by Channel Zero, Inc and broadcast executive Mike Garrow and launched earlier this year, FIGHT NOW TV is the first 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week combat sports channel, bringing the best battles, fiercest fights and stunning knockouts to America. FIGHT NOW TV caters to fight fans of every genre, giving them a front row seat to compelling coverage of MMA, boxing, wrestling/grappling, Muay Thai, kickboxing and other combat sports. FIGHT NOW is the place for the best analysis, live and current events, documentaries and news coverage of the biggest PPV events and match-ups from around the globe.
FIGHT NOW TV has also enlisted one of the fight game’s biggest names to join its camp, former UFC champion and MMA legend Randy Couture, who serves as both spokesperson and analyst for the channel.
FIGHT NOW TV, It’s ON! Call Your Television Provider To Order!
About RING OF FIRE MMA: One the leading Mixed-Martial-Arts promotional companies in North America, Ring Of Fire has promoted exciting combat sports events for the past 11 years.
In Early 2007, ROF expanded by entering into the Japan-based World Wide Cage Network, allowing for a unique talent exchange program.
In the June 2008 issue of Grappling Magazine, ROF was referred to as the top promotion in the Midwest, and one of the biggest promotions in the country.
In April of 2010 production began on THE ROAD TO RING OF FIRE Reality Show in Belgrade, Serbia, which was produced by Doctor Productions and broadcast on Happy TV across Eastern Europe.
RING OF FIRE uses Unified MMA Rules, recognized as the most prevalent rule set in the world. They have been adapted by several state athletic commissions in the U. S. and are used most notably in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Strikeforce, and WEC. The Unified Rules are the de facto rules for mixed martial arts in the United States, and have been adopted by other promotions and jurisdictions worldwide
For more information about FIGHT NOW TV go on line at www.fightnow.com, or follow on Twitter@fightnowtv and Facebook.com/fightnowtv.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Showtime Boxing Results: Lucas Matthysse Smashes Lamont Peterson, Alexander Defeats Purdy
- Showtime Boxing Undercard Results: Porter Dominates Lo Greco, Favorites Sweep
- Dozens Of Boxing Legends Return to Resorts June 1 including Mike Tyson
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail