Vitali Klitschko says Haye fight ‘will not happen soon’
- April 28th, 2013
Vitali Klitschko says David Haye will “have to wait” if he wants to challenge for his WBC heavyweight championship.
The Ukrainian claims Haye dodged a fight with him in Moscow last July, choosing instead to fight Dereck Chisora at Upton Park, and says a fight with the Briton will “not happen soon”.
Former WBA heavyweight champion Haye initially retired from boxing in 2011 following a comprehensive points defeat to Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali’s brother.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Shobox Results: J’Leon Love Wins & A Night of Unforeseen Events
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Boxino – Kopylenko, Adams, Gatica, and Monroe Advance
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. V. Bryan Vera: Take Two in San Antonio, Texas
- HBO Boxing Preview: Chavez Jr. vs. Vera, Lomachenko vs. Salido
- Ricky Burns v Terence Crawford Preview
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner Inevitable?
- What’s next for Jean Pascal?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo: the Pop Star vs. the Dog
- It makes sense for Floyd Mayweather choose Marcos Maidana
- Mayweather-Pacquiao: Is It Finally Time To Move On?
- Vasyl Lomachenko: A Star Isn’t Born
- Vitali Klitschko: Unappreciated In The Ring – And In World Affairs