Vitali Klitschko says Haye fight ‘will not happen soon’
- April 28th, 2013
Vitali Klitschko says David Haye will “have to wait” if he wants to challenge for his WBC heavyweight championship.
The Ukrainian claims Haye dodged a fight with him in Moscow last July, choosing instead to fight Dereck Chisora at Upton Park, and says a fight with the Briton will “not happen soon”.
Former WBA heavyweight champion Haye initially retired from boxing in 2011 following a comprehensive points defeat to Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali’s brother.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Chris Arreola: “This Is A Do Or Die Fight For Me.”
- Media Interview with Marcos Maidana & Robert Garcia
- Luis Collazo Will Face Not One, But Two Opponents On May 3
- Rubin “Hurricane” Carter Dead at Age 76
- Showtime Boxing Results: Hopkins Dominates Shumenov, Quillin and Porter Victorious
- Shobox Boxing Results: Salka Upsets Collado!
- ESPN Boxcino Tournament Results: Monroe and Adams Win to Advance to Finals
- Showtime Boxing Preview: Bernard Hopkins vs. Shumenov, Quillin vs Konecny, Porter vs. Malignaggi
- Oscar De La Hoya Steals The Show During Marcos Maidana’s Media Conference Call
- Peter Quillin Interview: Fighting for Cuban Pride and Respect – Part 2
- Showtime, Borrowing Soviet-Style Tactic, Turns Sergey Kovalev into Non-Person
- Jackie Kallen: Keith Thurman rides again this weekend
- All Access: Why Floyd Loves The Haters
- Was That Shawn Porter…Or Jack Dempsey?
- Floyd Mayweather Set to Summon Favored Reporters for New Media Blitz
- Guess What, Guys? It’s Okay To Fight On Cable
- Can We Please Cool It With The PPV Undercards?
- Showtime Boxing Triple-Header: History, High Stakes, and Chocolate
- In Praise Of Floyd Mayweather
- Apologies for Doubting Manny Pacquiao – Now Let’s Beat Mayweather