Timothy Bradley Says Manny Pacquiao is “Scared” of a Rematch
- August 16th, 2012
by Johnny Walker
WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley say he’s tired of waiting for Manny Pacquiao, who he defeated by split decision back in June, to decide if he wants a rematch.
Bradley had to endure the world-wide media controversy–promoter Bob Arum even declared that he would “never get over” the decision–that ensued when he defeated the Filipino superstar, and he is now aching to show the world that he is the better fighter.
And Bradley is worried that Pacquaio may choose to fight Floyd Mayweather next year instead of taking him on in a rematch this fall. He feels that Pacquaio may not want to risk another loss to him, which would put the mega-lucrative Mayweather match in jeopardy.
And if that isn’t enough, both Miguel Cotto and Juan Manuel Marquez are also hovering in the wings, looking for another date with the Pac-man.
This scenario has left Bradley frustrated and angry, while waiting for word on what Pacquiao’s future plans are.
“To be honest with you, I think a lot of people on that side are scared,” Bradley told The Desert Sun this week.
Bradley badly injured both ankles and feet in the first fight, but otherwise emerged remarkably unscathed against the man whose punches eventually ended Antonio Margarito’s career.
“He couldn’t knock me out with two peg legs,” Bradley taunts.
“Me healthy, I’m going to beat him worse.”
“If Manny wants to do it, let’s do it. It’s been a circus around here. I’ve been sitting around here waiting. I want the fight, but he hasn’t decided yet.”
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Arum Likes Floyd Jr. in Bout with Canelo, and – No Surprise – So Does Floyd Sr.
- Andre Ward is Offered Possibility of Two-Fight Deal with Stevenson
- In Light of Cancellation, Speculation About Stevenson as Possible Bernard Hopkins Foe
- HBO Boxing Results: Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford Score Stoppage Victories
- UFC 161 Results: Rashad Evans Defeats Dan Henderson
- Funny Media Interview with Paul Malignaggi & Adrien Broner
- ESPN FNF Results: Vicente Drops Diaz, Payano Devastates Maraon
- NBC Sports Network Boxing Results: Jennings and Kovalev Continue to Impress
- UFC 161 Preview: Dan Henderson vs. Rashad Evans
- Undefeated Bantamweights Battle On FNF In WBA Title Eliminator
- Quick-Tongued Adrien Broner Set for Test against Paulie Malignaggi
- Jackie Kallen: Is Mikey Garcia The Real Deal?
- Jim Gray Wonders Why Referee Stopped Fight — Josesito Lopez Was Still Breathing
- Jackie Kallen: LA vs Montreal, HBO vs Showtime, Dawson vs Stevenson, Maidana vs Lopez
- Is it fair for Floyd Mayweather to fight Saul Alvarez at a catch weight?
- Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao — a Fight They Don’t Want Us to Want
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather vs Canelo – Dream Fight At Last!
- Richest Fight Ever Set for Sept. 14 — Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez
- Mad Dog Carl Froch No Ordinary Englishman
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013