Spike Lee’s Boxing TV Show Casting Call
- June 22nd, 2011
By Scoop Malinowski
Spike Lee’s boxing film project about Joe Louis and Max Schmeling, which involved Bert Sugar and the late/great Budd Schulberg, unfortunately never got off the ground a few years ago. But now the acclaimed motion picture director is back again for round two, and this time he has a boxing television show idea.
Lee is currently in the casting process, which will take place this weekend.
Here is the info:
OPEN CASTING CALL
KIM COLEMAN CASTING IS LOOKING FOR PRO/AMATEUR BOXERS!!!
IF YOU ARE AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN MALE WITH BOXING EXPERIENCE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18-21 WE WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU FOR A NEW TVSHOW!
from director SPIKE LEE
SATURDAY, JUNE 25, 2011 from 12-3PM
NEW BED-STUY BOXING
275 MARCUS GARVEY BLVD.BROOKLYN, NY 11221
SEE YOU THERE!!!
FOR MORE INFO,
PLEASE CONTACT: Steven Chew, Jr.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Floyd Mayweather Faces Softball Questions During Media Conference Call
- Boxing Insider Notebook: MGM vs. Top Rank, Donaire, Pacquiao, Pascal, Klitschko, and more
- Floyd Mayweather Media Work Out Quotes
- Chris Arreola: “This Is A Do Or Die Fight For Me.”
- Media Interview with Marcos Maidana & Robert Garcia
- Luis Collazo Will Face Not One, But Two Opponents On May 3
- Rubin “Hurricane” Carter Dead at Age 76
- Showtime Boxing Results: Hopkins Dominates Shumenov, Quillin and Porter Victorious
- Shobox Boxing Results: Salka Upsets Collado!
- ESPN Boxcino Tournament Results: Monroe and Adams Win to Advance to Finals
- Showtime, Borrowing Soviet-Style Tactic, Turns Sergey Kovalev into Non-Person
- Jackie Kallen: Keith Thurman rides again this weekend
- All Access: Why Floyd Loves The Haters
- Was That Shawn Porter…Or Jack Dempsey?
- Floyd Mayweather Set to Summon Favored Reporters for New Media Blitz
- Guess What, Guys? It’s Okay To Fight On Cable
- Can We Please Cool It With The PPV Undercards?
- Showtime Boxing Triple-Header: History, High Stakes, and Chocolate
- In Praise Of Floyd Mayweather
- Apologies for Doubting Manny Pacquiao – Now Let’s Beat Mayweather