Robert Helenius Set To Return Against Sherman “The Tank” Williams On November 10
- October 22nd, 2012
by Johnny Walker
The man who would be king (of the heavyweight division), Robert “The Nordic Nightmare” Helenius (17-0, 11 KOs), is set to make his return to the ring on November 10 in Helsinki, Finland. In the other corner will be tough veteran Sherman “The Tank” Williams.
Helenius, 28, had been cruising along, viciously knocking out former champions Lamon Brewster, Samuel Peter, and Sergei Liakhovich, before hurting his shoulder prior to a fight with UK eccentric Dereck “Del Boy” Chisora late in 2011.
Rather than cancel the fight with Chisora, Helenius gutted it out with the injury, and in the process exacerbated his shoulder problems in a tough split decision win over the Brit that many thought was a robbery.
Helenius then underwent a major operation on the shoulder, and has spent most of the time since in various stages of physical rehabilitation.
The big Finn, who just launched his own line of “Nordic Nightmare” sports apparel, has been in the gym for the past few weeks and has now pronounced himself ready to test out his shoulder in actual competition.
Typical for Helenius, he is not taking an easy fight for his return, as he will face the tough veteran Sherman “The Tank” Williams (35-11-2, 19 KOs), who put himself in the mix recently with a decision over fringe contender Chauncy Welliver. Williams, 40, has previously dismissed the Nordic Nightmare as “shit.” Now he’ll get the chance to prove his words.
“This will be an exciting fight,” Helenius says. “Williams has proven his class in a lot of battles, he is strong and rugged, but he will not leave Finland victorious. I am taller, I am stronger and I am better. The Tank will crash in Helsinki on November 10!”
The Helenius vs Williams fight will be broadcast on the EPIX network in the US as part of a package with Wladimir Klitschko’s title defense against Polish challenger Mariusz Wach on the same day.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Arum Likes Floyd Jr. in Bout with Canelo, and – No Surprise – So Does Floyd Sr.
- Andre Ward is Offered Possibility of Two-Fight Deal with Stevenson
- In Light of Cancellation, Speculation About Stevenson as Possible Bernard Hopkins Foe
- HBO Boxing Results: Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford Score Stoppage Victories
- UFC 161 Results: Rashad Evans Defeats Dan Henderson
- Funny Media Interview with Paul Malignaggi & Adrien Broner
- ESPN FNF Results: Vicente Drops Diaz, Payano Devastates Maraon
- NBC Sports Network Boxing Results: Jennings and Kovalev Continue to Impress
- UFC 161 Preview: Dan Henderson vs. Rashad Evans
- Undefeated Bantamweights Battle On FNF In WBA Title Eliminator
- Quick-Tongued Adrien Broner Set for Test against Paulie Malignaggi
- Jackie Kallen: Is Mikey Garcia The Real Deal?
- Jim Gray Wonders Why Referee Stopped Fight — Josesito Lopez Was Still Breathing
- Jackie Kallen: LA vs Montreal, HBO vs Showtime, Dawson vs Stevenson, Maidana vs Lopez
- Is it fair for Floyd Mayweather to fight Saul Alvarez at a catch weight?
- Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao — a Fight They Don’t Want Us to Want
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather vs Canelo – Dream Fight At Last!
- Richest Fight Ever Set for Sept. 14 — Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez
- Mad Dog Carl Froch No Ordinary Englishman
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013