Robert Guerrero Firearm Possession Charges Dismissed
- May 14th, 2013
NEW YORK, NY, May 14 – Early today, Six-Time and Four-Division World Champion Robert Guerrero appeared in New York State Supreme Court for Queens County where all firearm possession charges were dismissed in connection with his March 28 arrest at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. Guerrero pled guilty to disorderly conduct, a violation and not a crime, was fined $250 and ordered to complete 50 hours of community service which he will be allowed to perform in his home state of California.
Guerrero was arrested on March 28 when checking in his luggage at JFK while returning to training camp in Las Vegas following a press tour in connection with his May 4 fight against Floyd Mayweather. As he was checking in, he made sure to advise authorities that they needed to be aware that he had a firearm, which was unloaded and in a locked safe box within his luggage which was to be checked. Guerrero was carrying no ammunition and was within his legal right to possess such firearm in the state in which he resides.
“I’m pleased that the District Attorney’s Office considered my case carefully and resolved it fairly,” said Guerrero. “I never intended to violate New York law, but I know that ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Lesson learned. I’m happy this incident is behind me and looking forward to returning to the ring as well as serving my community as ordered by the court.”
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: 50 Cent, Patrick Nielsen, Bryant Jennings, Mikey Garcia, Peterson, and more
- Problem Solved: Maidana Has The Solution–Ravages Broner In Upset Victory
- NBC Sports Fight Night Results: Thompson Outboxes Coyne, Mansour Stops Price
- UFC on FOX Results: Demetrious Johnson Retains Flyweight Title with Knockout over Joseph Benavidez
- Fox Sports 1 Boxing Results: Joesito Lopez Scrapes by Arnaoutis
- Showtime Boxing Preview: Adrien Broner vs. Maidana, Santa Cruz vs. Seda, Thurman vs. Soto Karass
- NBC Sports Fight Night Preview: Thompson vs. Coyne, Price vs. Mansour
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Pacquiao, Ricky Hatton, 50 Cent, and more….
- The King of the Borough: Malignaggi Gives Judah a Boxing Clinic
- HBO Results: Kirkland and Tapia Steal Show, Rigondeaux Wins a Bore
- Did Max Kellerman’s Potshot against Al Haymon Trigger HBO’s Pearl Harbor?
- The State of the Heavyweight Division
- The Maidana Investigation: Why Broner Just Can’t Seem To Keep His Mouth Shut
- Vitali Klitschko Leaves The Door Wide Open to Return
- Golden Boy Boss Fears Prospect of Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao Superfight
- Tips for Adrien Broner on Range of Topics from Sex Tapes to Shoulder Rolls
- Adrien Broner: How The Mighty Do Fall
- PEDS: For Brandon Rios, Things Have Gone From Bad To Worse
- Adrien Broner aiming to answer questions against Marcos Maidana
- A Fan’s Guide On How To Handle Adrien Broner