Open Work Out Quotes: Tomasz Adamek
- August 24th, 2012
In anticipation of his upcoming IBF North American Heavyweight title defense, Tomasz “Goral” Adamek , of Golwice, Poland and Jersey City, N.J. 46-2, 28 KO’s took part in a media workout. Adamek will face tough Travis “Freight Train” Walker, of Tallahassee, FL, 39-7-1, 31 as the main event of the “Ironbound Throwdown” at Prudential Center, Newark NJ during the afternoon of September 8th.
Here’s what Tomasz Adamek and Roger Bloodworth had to say:
How are your preparations for the upcoming fight? “We are fixing mistakes from the last fight. Every fight brings me something (new). We are training every day. Like Roger says, ‘every day you learn a little bit more’. I feel much better with every fight. After I win this fight and the next fight, I hope to get title fight next year.”
Have you ever seen any of Travis Walker’s fights? “Yes, I’ve seen a couple of his fights. He’s a strong guy. He loves hard fights. I love (hard fights) too, because it is good for my fans. I don’t want to give boring fights. If somebody runs and doesn’t fight, people do not like that. I want a tough fight because people love this.”
Thoughts going into this fight? “Tomasz picks tough opponents. Some people don’t think this guy is tough, but he is tough. I watched him knockout Kali Meehan. He’s still got a good right hand and if you get touched by that right hand you could go. So Tomasz is going to have to try to avoid this and land his own punches. It’s not rocket science. He (Walker) is gonna come. I don’t expect him to try to be a ballet dancer; I think he’s going to come to Tomasz with bad intentions. So Tomasz is going to have to be on his A game, avoid that big right hand and we’ll see what happens.”
“Every fight that Tomasz has, is with the intent of getting back into a title fight. I mean, why fight ‘Joe Smith’ or ‘Bobby Jones’ or just a body, what does it mean? It doesn’t mean anything. You are talking about a fighter (Adamek) that has only lost two fights and they were two of the best fighters in the world, he is far from done. Even if something were to happen here, it’s a learning experience. He learned a lot from the Klitschko fight and if he performs well he’ll bring it to this fight.”
How do you assess Tomasz’s form going into this fight? “He’s right on schedule…You have to work on everything. We know this guy (Walker) is going to try to come in and knock Tomasz out. Anybody who can touch you on the chin and put you to sleep is a difficult opponent.”
“We want him (Walker) to bring it! Tomasz is better against people that bring it than people that run. I think this is going to be a very interesting fight, really a crowd pleasing fight – as always! Tomasz does not put on dull fights.”
“Ironbound Throwdown” September 8th at Newark’s Prudential Center features Tomasz Adamek vs. Travis Walker. Tickets priced at $180 ringside, $105, and $55 are available through Ticketmaster: online at www.ticketmaster.com; Charge-by-phone: 1-800-745-3000; Ticketmaster Express 866-448-7849; and Ticketmaster ticket centers. Tickets are also available at Prudential Center’s Box Office and www.prucenter.com.
The fight will be available in Poland on PPV. WealthTV will begin airing undercard bouts live at 3PM ET nationally on Verizon FiOS TV channel 169 and 669 in HD, AT&T U-Verse TV channels 470 and 1470 in HD, along with over 100 cable systems across the country.
Prudential Center doors will open at 1:30PM, first fight is 2:00PM. The card is presented by Main Events in association with Peltz Boxing, and Ziggy Promotions.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Arum Likes Floyd Jr. in Bout with Canelo, and – No Surprise – So Does Floyd Sr.
- Andre Ward is Offered Possibility of Two-Fight Deal with Stevenson
- In Light of Cancellation, Speculation About Stevenson as Possible Bernard Hopkins Foe
- HBO Boxing Results: Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford Score Stoppage Victories
- UFC 161 Results: Rashad Evans Defeats Dan Henderson
- Funny Media Interview with Paul Malignaggi & Adrien Broner
- ESPN FNF Results: Vicente Drops Diaz, Payano Devastates Maraon
- NBC Sports Network Boxing Results: Jennings and Kovalev Continue to Impress
- UFC 161 Preview: Dan Henderson vs. Rashad Evans
- Undefeated Bantamweights Battle On FNF In WBA Title Eliminator
- Quick-Tongued Adrien Broner Set for Test against Paulie Malignaggi
- Jackie Kallen: Is Mikey Garcia The Real Deal?
- Jim Gray Wonders Why Referee Stopped Fight — Josesito Lopez Was Still Breathing
- Jackie Kallen: LA vs Montreal, HBO vs Showtime, Dawson vs Stevenson, Maidana vs Lopez
- Is it fair for Floyd Mayweather to fight Saul Alvarez at a catch weight?
- Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao — a Fight They Don’t Want Us to Want
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather vs Canelo – Dream Fight At Last!
- Richest Fight Ever Set for Sept. 14 — Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez
- Mad Dog Carl Froch No Ordinary Englishman
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013