Mariusz Wach Agrees To Terms; Faces Off With Wladimir Klitschko November 10
- August 23rd, 2012
by Johnny Walker
Polish heavyweight contender Mariusz “The Viking” Wach has now agreed to terms with K2 promotions, and he will challenge Wladimir Klitschko on November 10 in Hamburg, Germany, for the Ukrainian’s world heavyweight titles.
After reports surfaced earlier today regarding the Wach camp’s unhappiness with certain “slave” details of the offered contract (specifically with K2 having options on the Pole’s next three fights should he beat Wlad), it seemed the fight might be called off.
But a change of heart obviously took place in the last few hours, and the 6’9″ tall, lantern-jawed Polish giant is now set for his shot at becoming a world heavyweight champion.
“I’m pleased to inform that after weeks of negotiation we have finally reached an agreement and came to terms that will satisfy both sides,” reads a statement from Wach’s promoter Mariusz Kolodziej on the Global Boxing website.
“I’d like to thank the entire Klitschko team and K2 Promotions for cooperation.”
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- FNF Results: Head Butts Set Theme For FNF; Howard Earns Technical Split Decision, Rodriguez Wins TKO
- UFC 160 Preview: Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva, Dos Santos vs. Hunt
- HBO Boxing Preview: Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler
- Former World Title Challengers Delvin Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez Battle On FNF
- Antonio Margarito Wants to Make Boxing Return
- Mikkel Kessler Ready For Super-Middleweight Unification Bout With Carl Froch Saturday Night
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail