Manny Pacquiao Chooses Fourth Date With J.M. Marquez; Tim Bradley Says Pac Man “Chicken”
- September 13th, 2012
by Johnny Walker
Boxing superstar Manny “Pac Man” Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KOs) has finally made up his mind: a fourth fight against his bitter rival Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39 KOs) is now in the works for December 8 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
The Pac Man, whose last two fights have ended in controversy, thus passes on his rematch clause with WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, who upset the Filipino icon last time out via a much-disputed split decision.
And Bradley is livid, to put it mildly.
In an interview with the Desert Sun, Bradley calls the Pac Man a “chicken,” and adds, “he didn’t want any part of me. Marquez is an easier fight. He knows that a fight with me and two good legs is going to be hell.”
“I can’t believe it. Any champion who lost his belt, you would want to redeem yourself.”
Various reports say that Pacquiao’s first choice for his next fight was a rematch with Miguel Cotto, who passed on the offer to take on Austin Trout at New York’s Madison Square Garden instead.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- FNF Results: Head Butts Set Theme For FNF; Howard Earns Technical Split Decision, Rodriguez Wins TKO
- UFC 160 Preview: Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva, Dos Santos vs. Hunt
- HBO Boxing Preview: Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler
- Former World Title Challengers Delvin Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez Battle On FNF
- Antonio Margarito Wants to Make Boxing Return
- Mikkel Kessler Ready For Super-Middleweight Unification Bout With Carl Froch Saturday Night
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail