Golden Boy Promotions To Donate To Hurricane Sandy Relief; Oscar De La Hoya & Caesars Atlantic City To Match Funds
- November 12th, 2012
Golden Boy Sent out the following
Golden Boy Promotions will not only bring a night of entertainment relief to Atlantic City when they present the Adrien “The Problem” Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco WBC Lightweight World Championship at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, they will also bring monetary relief to those effected by Hurricane Sandy by making a donation to the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City whose main and satellite buildings suffered extensive damage in the storm. Caesars Atlantic City and Golden Boy President Oscar De La Hoya will match those funds in a collective effort to reach a vital part of the community.
Golden Boy will donate two dollars for every ticket sold and $1,000 per knockout registered during the event with De La Hoya and Caesars Atlantic City matching and adding to the much-needed donation. Several of the area Boys and Girls Clubs were heavily damaged during the storm, forcing the closure of the facilities that directly impact underserved youth and their family members in the area.
In addition to the monetary pledges, Golden Boy Promotions will donate tickets to the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City and fighters Adrien Broner and Seth Mitchell will visit one of the clubs on Wednesday during fight week.
“We are hoping that the Broner vs. DeMarco fight will afford people the opportunity to forget their worries for an evening and enjoy this great night of boxing,” said Richard Schaefer, Chief Executive Officer of Golden Boy Promotions. “At the same time we understand the severity of the situation and would be remiss not to make a donation to help those directly effected by this terrible storm. With Oscar and Caesars Atlantic City providing matching donations, we feel very positive that our collective donation will help to make a difference.”
“The people of Atlantic City are in need now and I am happy to join in the effort and make my own contribution order to help some of the people affected by Hurricane Sandy,” said Oscar De La Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions. “A world of good can happen when everyone comes together to give back to people who are in need.”
“Sandy not only breached the walls of the Boys & Girls Club, but the lives of each and every member here in Atlantic City,” said John Smith, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Harrah’s Resort. “So it’s with great honor that I announce this donation to an organization that embodies the never-give-up attitude of New Jersey. We will not sit idly by and allow anything to compromise these impressionable youths.”
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- The King of the Borough: Malignaggi Gives Judah a Boxing Clinic
- HBO Results: Kirkland and Tapia Steal Show, Rigondeaux Wins a Bore
- Floyd Mayweather’s TMT Crew Takes Care of Business on ShoBox
- HBO Boxing Preview: Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko, Tapia vs. Kirkland, Macklin vs. Russ
- David Price Drops British and Commonwealth Titles; Dereck Chisora Calls Out Deontay Wilder
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Chisora, Barker vs. Sturm, Pacquiao, Mansour, and more…
- Monte Barrett Rips David Tua’s Promoters: “They Stole From Him, Destroyed His Career!”
- WBC Champ Vitali Klitschko Reported Turning Back Huge Ukrainian Mob
- Dana White Returns To Boxing With New Reality TV Show “The Fighters”
- HBO Boxing Results: Stevenson and Kovalev Win by Knockout, Again…..
- Still Think Paulie Malignaggi Is An Old Man?
- Sticking Guillermo Rigondeaux in Main Event Is like Selling Tickets to Smallpox
- Jackie Kallen: Go Paulie (Malignaggi) Go!
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah fight in the Battle for Brooklyn Tonight
- ‘Brooklyn in the House’: Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi
- Guillermo Rigondeaux Just Needs To Be Himself
- Top Rank Will Kiss Off HBO to Get Floyd Mayweather Deal with Manny Pacquiao
- Froch-Groves: Miscellaneous Musings in the Aftermath of a Masterclass
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather takes his promotion company on the road
- Ex-Lightweight Anthony Fletcher Entombed Live for Want of ‘Hook’