Golden Boy Promotions To Donate To Hurricane Sandy Relief; Oscar De La Hoya & Caesars Atlantic City To Match Funds
- November 12th, 2012
Golden Boy Sent out the following
Golden Boy Promotions will not only bring a night of entertainment relief to Atlantic City when they present the Adrien “The Problem” Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco WBC Lightweight World Championship at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, they will also bring monetary relief to those effected by Hurricane Sandy by making a donation to the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City whose main and satellite buildings suffered extensive damage in the storm. Caesars Atlantic City and Golden Boy President Oscar De La Hoya will match those funds in a collective effort to reach a vital part of the community.
Golden Boy will donate two dollars for every ticket sold and $1,000 per knockout registered during the event with De La Hoya and Caesars Atlantic City matching and adding to the much-needed donation. Several of the area Boys and Girls Clubs were heavily damaged during the storm, forcing the closure of the facilities that directly impact underserved youth and their family members in the area.
In addition to the monetary pledges, Golden Boy Promotions will donate tickets to the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City and fighters Adrien Broner and Seth Mitchell will visit one of the clubs on Wednesday during fight week.
“We are hoping that the Broner vs. DeMarco fight will afford people the opportunity to forget their worries for an evening and enjoy this great night of boxing,” said Richard Schaefer, Chief Executive Officer of Golden Boy Promotions. “At the same time we understand the severity of the situation and would be remiss not to make a donation to help those directly effected by this terrible storm. With Oscar and Caesars Atlantic City providing matching donations, we feel very positive that our collective donation will help to make a difference.”
“The people of Atlantic City are in need now and I am happy to join in the effort and make my own contribution order to help some of the people affected by Hurricane Sandy,” said Oscar De La Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions. “A world of good can happen when everyone comes together to give back to people who are in need.”
“Sandy not only breached the walls of the Boys & Girls Club, but the lives of each and every member here in Atlantic City,” said John Smith, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Harrah’s Resort. “So it’s with great honor that I announce this donation to an organization that embodies the never-give-up attitude of New Jersey. We will not sit idly by and allow anything to compromise these impressionable youths.”
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- HBO Boxing Preview: Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler
- Former World Title Challengers Delvin Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez Battle On FNF
- Antonio Margarito Wants to Make Boxing Return
- Mikkel Kessler Ready For Super-Middleweight Unification Bout With Carl Froch Saturday Night
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail