Floyd Mayweather Jr. Rips Manny Pacquiao Over Alleged PED Use
- May 2nd, 2012
By Johnny Walker
You’ve got to hand it to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Once he is convinced of something, he doesn’t back off one inch.
And one thing he is convinced of is that his main pugilistic rival, Manny Pacquiao, has used performance enhancing drugs to reach the pinnacle of success in his chosen sport of boxing.
Even with a lawsuit from Pacquiao claiming defamation over his PED allegations still in the courts, Mayweather has again opened fire on the Filipino fighter, claiming that the current chaos in the Pacquiao camp between strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza and trainer Freddie
Roach means the truth about the Pac-man’s alleged drug cheating is soon to be revealed.
“They say Ariza, that guy Ariza, Freddie Roach and all of them are bumping heads,” Mayweather told Boxingscene.
“Eventually it will come out. The true will come out now. Eventually it will come out. Everybody [in Pacquiao's team] is about to point the finger [and say] ‘he done this and he done that. He was taking this. I didn’t tell him to do it, you told him to do it.’ [Then] everybody is going to say, ‘Floyd said it first.’”
Mayweather is also peeved at what he perceives as a lack of support from the American boxing press and public over his campaign for Olympic-style drug testing in boxing.
“These are the American people who don’t stand behind me,” Mayweather told Rick Reeno.
“They stand behind these foreigners. I get more love in the UK. Ya’ll know this is bullsh*t. People just say, ‘we don’t give a f*ck if [Pacquiao’s] taking it or not, we just want to see a fight.”
Mayweather also claims that the apparent increase in Pacquiao’s skull size—a symptom that has been attributed to the use of human growth hormone—is a telltale sign that the Pac-man is not on the up and up.
“Go back and look at the pictures,” Mayweather pleads.
“His head is small and then all of a sudden his head just grew? Come on man, stop this. Ray Charles can see this sh*t. Go back and look at the pictures and tell me this man’s head didn’t get bigger. You’re going to tell me this sh*t is all natural?
“Come on man, stop.”
Finally, to assertions from Pacquiao’s (and formerly Mayweather’s) promoter, Bob Arum, that the Pac-man will now agree to Olympic-style drug testing should they fight, Mayweather scoffs.
“Bob Arum is a professional liar,” says Mayweather.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Showtime PPV Results: Canelo Gives Angulo a Beat down in All Mexican Affaire!
- Canelo Dominates Angulo, Almost Saves Pay Per View Card
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Dusty Harrison Remains Undefeated, Morales and Nugaev Win
- Showtime PPV Preview: Canelo vs. Angulo, Santa Cruz vs. Mijares
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Shobox Results: J’Leon Love Wins & A Night of Unforeseen Events
- Floyd Mayweather Gives The Media A Very Strange “Moment.”
- Rapacious Showtime Demanding $60 for Canelo Alvarez-Alfredo Angulo
- Alfredo “Perro” Angulo: Going against the Vegas Chalk and Picking Angulo to Win
- Is Canelo Alvarez an A-List Boxer – Or Just An A-List Celebrity?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo by the Numbers
- The Top Boxing Fights That Need to Be Made From Matchmaker Ron Katz
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner Inevitable?