Floyd Mayweather Jr. Rips Manny Pacquiao Over Alleged PED Use
- May 2nd, 2012
By Johnny Walker
You’ve got to hand it to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Once he is convinced of something, he doesn’t back off one inch.
And one thing he is convinced of is that his main pugilistic rival, Manny Pacquiao, has used performance enhancing drugs to reach the pinnacle of success in his chosen sport of boxing.
Even with a lawsuit from Pacquiao claiming defamation over his PED allegations still in the courts, Mayweather has again opened fire on the Filipino fighter, claiming that the current chaos in the Pacquiao camp between strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza and trainer Freddie
Roach means the truth about the Pac-man’s alleged drug cheating is soon to be revealed.
“They say Ariza, that guy Ariza, Freddie Roach and all of them are bumping heads,” Mayweather told Boxingscene.
“Eventually it will come out. The true will come out now. Eventually it will come out. Everybody [in Pacquiao's team] is about to point the finger [and say] ‘he done this and he done that. He was taking this. I didn’t tell him to do it, you told him to do it.’ [Then] everybody is going to say, ‘Floyd said it first.’”
Mayweather is also peeved at what he perceives as a lack of support from the American boxing press and public over his campaign for Olympic-style drug testing in boxing.
“These are the American people who don’t stand behind me,” Mayweather told Rick Reeno.
“They stand behind these foreigners. I get more love in the UK. Ya’ll know this is bullsh*t. People just say, ‘we don’t give a f*ck if [Pacquiao’s] taking it or not, we just want to see a fight.”
Mayweather also claims that the apparent increase in Pacquiao’s skull size—a symptom that has been attributed to the use of human growth hormone—is a telltale sign that the Pac-man is not on the up and up.
“Go back and look at the pictures,” Mayweather pleads.
“His head is small and then all of a sudden his head just grew? Come on man, stop this. Ray Charles can see this sh*t. Go back and look at the pictures and tell me this man’s head didn’t get bigger. You’re going to tell me this sh*t is all natural?
“Come on man, stop.”
Finally, to assertions from Pacquiao’s (and formerly Mayweather’s) promoter, Bob Arum, that the Pac-man will now agree to Olympic-style drug testing should they fight, Mayweather scoffs.
“Bob Arum is a professional liar,” says Mayweather.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Floyd Mayweather’s TMT Crew Takes Care of Business on ShoBox
- HBO Boxing Preview: Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko, Tapia vs. Kirkland, Macklin vs. Russ
- David Price Drops British and Commonwealth Titles; Dereck Chisora Calls Out Deontay Wilder
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Chisora, Barker vs. Sturm, Pacquiao, Mansour, and more…
- Monte Barrett Rips David Tua’s Promoters: “They Stole From Him, Destroyed His Career!”
- WBC Champ Vitali Klitschko Reported Turning Back Huge Ukrainian Mob
- Dana White Returns To Boxing With New Reality TV Show “The Fighters”
- HBO Boxing Results: Stevenson and Kovalev Win by Knockout, Again…..
- Another Bizarre Stoppage in the UK: Chisora Halts Pala
- HBO Boxing Preview: Stevenson vs. Bellew, Kovalev vs. Sillakh
- ‘Brooklyn in the House’: Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi
- Guillermo Rigondeaux Just Needs To Be Himself
- Top Rank Will Kiss Off HBO to Get Floyd Mayweather Deal with Manny Pacquiao
- Froch-Groves: Miscellaneous Musings in the Aftermath of a Masterclass
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather takes his promotion company on the road
- Ex-Lightweight Anthony Fletcher Entombed Live for Want of ‘Hook’
- On Sense and Sensibility Among Boxing’s Critics
- All I want For Christmas Are These Ten Fights: the Best Match-Up’s In Boxing
- It’s Time To Give Boxing Fans What They Want
- Jackie Kallen: Bronco McKart rides on….and on…..