Floyd Mayweather Jr. and 50 Cent: Trouble In Paradise?
- September 10th, 2012
All seemed hunky dory between good buds Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr. and rap superstar 50 Cent recently, as the latter man made his move into boxing as CEO of TMT (The Money Team) Boxing Promotions with the former’s support.
Exactly how things are going to work between TMT and Floyd’s still operating Mayweather Promotions has yet to be fully explained, but it seems that the two principals are already not as close as they used to be.
In a new radio interview, 50 Cent takes a not so veiled shot at the posse that currently surrounds Mayweather. 50 says that the two are now and will always be “cool,” but then goes on to explain the distance that has grown between them of late.
“He has .. there’s a different side of Floyd coming out of the pen, that’s all,” says “Fiddy” of the pound-for-pound boxing great, who recently spent time in jail for assaulting his domestic partner.
“It really comes from him … everybody around Floyd is waiting on the next time he feels generous.
“And I have a lot [of money], so I don’t wait for nobody.
“It puts us in an interesting space sometimes, because I will go do what I gotta do. I don’t have to sit around and wait for the next time he feels like giving somebody something.”
In the interview, 50 Cent also denies the current gossip that he has been carrying on an affair with Mayweather’s girlfriend.
“No, I would never mess with his lady,” vows the rapper.
“I wouldn’t do that with anybody that I call a friend.”
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Floyd Mayweather Faces Softball Questions During Media Conference Call
- Boxing Insider Notebook: MGM vs. Top Rank, Donaire, Pacquiao, Pascal, Klitschko, and more
- Floyd Mayweather Media Work Out Quotes
- Chris Arreola: “This Is A Do Or Die Fight For Me.”
- Media Interview with Marcos Maidana & Robert Garcia
- Luis Collazo Will Face Not One, But Two Opponents On May 3
- Rubin “Hurricane” Carter Dead at Age 76
- Showtime Boxing Results: Hopkins Dominates Shumenov, Quillin and Porter Victorious
- Shobox Boxing Results: Salka Upsets Collado!
- ESPN Boxcino Tournament Results: Monroe and Adams Win to Advance to Finals
- Showtime, Borrowing Soviet-Style Tactic, Turns Sergey Kovalev into Non-Person
- Jackie Kallen: Keith Thurman rides again this weekend
- All Access: Why Floyd Loves The Haters
- Was That Shawn Porter…Or Jack Dempsey?
- Floyd Mayweather Set to Summon Favored Reporters for New Media Blitz
- Guess What, Guys? It’s Okay To Fight On Cable
- Can We Please Cool It With The PPV Undercards?
- Showtime Boxing Triple-Header: History, High Stakes, and Chocolate
- In Praise Of Floyd Mayweather
- Apologies for Doubting Manny Pacquiao – Now Let’s Beat Mayweather