Floyd Mayweather Jr. and 50 Cent: Trouble In Paradise?
- September 10th, 2012
All seemed hunky dory between good buds Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr. and rap superstar 50 Cent recently, as the latter man made his move into boxing as CEO of TMT (The Money Team) Boxing Promotions with the former’s support.
Exactly how things are going to work between TMT and Floyd’s still operating Mayweather Promotions has yet to be fully explained, but it seems that the two principals are already not as close as they used to be.
In a new radio interview, 50 Cent takes a not so veiled shot at the posse that currently surrounds Mayweather. 50 says that the two are now and will always be “cool,” but then goes on to explain the distance that has grown between them of late.
“He has .. there’s a different side of Floyd coming out of the pen, that’s all,” says “Fiddy” of the pound-for-pound boxing great, who recently spent time in jail for assaulting his domestic partner.
“It really comes from him … everybody around Floyd is waiting on the next time he feels generous.
“And I have a lot [of money], so I don’t wait for nobody.
“It puts us in an interesting space sometimes, because I will go do what I gotta do. I don’t have to sit around and wait for the next time he feels like giving somebody something.”
In the interview, 50 Cent also denies the current gossip that he has been carrying on an affair with Mayweather’s girlfriend.
“No, I would never mess with his lady,” vows the rapper.
“I wouldn’t do that with anybody that I call a friend.”
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Shobox Results: J’Leon Love Wins & A Night of Unforeseen Events
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Boxino – Kopylenko, Adams, Gatica, and Monroe Advance
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. V. Bryan Vera: Take Two in San Antonio, Texas
- HBO Boxing Preview: Chavez Jr. vs. Vera, Lomachenko vs. Salido
- Ricky Burns v Terence Crawford Preview
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner Inevitable?
- What’s next for Jean Pascal?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo: the Pop Star vs. the Dog
- It makes sense for Floyd Mayweather choose Marcos Maidana
- Mayweather-Pacquiao: Is It Finally Time To Move On?
- Vasyl Lomachenko: A Star Isn’t Born
- Vitali Klitschko: Unappreciated In The Ring – And In World Affairs