Éric Lucas Files $391,656 Claim Against InterBox
- August 14th, 2012
By Hans Olson
Former WBC super middleweight champion Éric Lucas has filed a claim of approximately $391,656 against the Sportscene Group, the company which he sold InterBox to in 2005.
Lucas claims that the money he is owed stems from his percentage share of past television revenue from Lucian Bute fights—allegedly 25%.
Lucas believes that Sportscene Group owes him $125,000 in television revenue for Bute’s April, 2010 fight against Edison Miranda, $26,175 for the October, 2010 fight against Jesse Brinkley, and $240,481 for the March, 2011 fight against Brian Magee.
It’s a claim that according to a report by La Presse, Sportscene Group denies.
“We believe we have complied with the agreements binding Eric,” said Sportscene spokesperson and InterBox director of communications David Messier.
“The current situation is unfortunate. It is the decision of Eric and we (will) follow the legal process that has begun. ”
It was back in 2004 that Lucas bought InterBox, a company then-owned by German millionaire Hans-Karl Muehlegg. In March of that year, InterBox filed for creditor protection against varying companies and from Lucas himself, who was owed nearly $100,000 at the time.
Having retired for good in 2010 after a loss to Librado Andrade, Lucas had, since his 2005 sale of InterBox to Sportscene, been a speaker for the company. On July 11 of this year, he resigned from that role.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Showtime Boxing Results: Lucas Matthysse Smashes Lamont Peterson, Alexander Defeats Purdy
- Showtime Boxing Undercard Results: Porter Dominates Lo Greco, Favorites Sweep
- Dozens Of Boxing Legends Return to Resorts June 1 including Mike Tyson
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- UFC on FX Preview: Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail
- Jackie Kallen: Live Report Mayweather/ Guerrero was a Ho Hum Night
- Robert Guerrero’s Father Seeks to Make Floyd Mayweather Bout Personal