Dereck Chisora Arrested In Germany after Wild Brawl with David Haye
- February 19th, 2012
By Johnny Walker
Hey, who needs Mike Tyson when you’ve got Dereck “Del Boy” Chisora?
According to The Telegraph, UK heavyweight Dereck “Del Boy” Chisora, who yesterday lost a unanimous decision to WBC champion Vitali Klitschko in Munich, Germany, has been arrested by German police following a wild brawl at the post fight press conference with recently retired UK heavyweight David Haye.
Chisora was irked when Haye showed up at the presser to verbally attack Klitschko manager Bernd Boente, who Haye claims is trying to nix a fight between him and Vitali.
Haye was yelling insults at Boente, and Chisora responded by repeatedly asking, “David, how’s your toe?” Chisora challenged Haye to a fight, to which Haye responded (incorrectly) “You’ve got three losses in a row!” An enraged Chisora got up from the podium to walk over and get directly in Haye’s face, and Haye, who appeared to have a beer bottle in his hand, went on the attack.
A wild melee then broke out, with Chisora soon claiming that Haye “glassed” him. “He glassed me,” said Chisora. “I swear to God, David, I’m gonna fucking shoot you. I’m gonna shoot David Haye … he glassed me, I’m not having it.”
Haye, who is also seen in press video brandishing a large camera tripod at Chisora trainer Don Charles, hurriedly departed the scene.
During all of this, the Klitschko brothers stood by and bemusedly watched two of their recent pugilistic victims go after each other.
Haye’s manager Adam Booth then appeared, blood running down his face from a cut on his forehead, demanding to know who “glassed” him.
Booth was still enraged at Boente: “Bernd, you’re a liar and a bitch,” Booth told the Klitschko manager, before turning to Vitali Klitschko.
“Vitali, you’re a great champion, but your manager is an embarrassment to the sport,” said Booth. “I respect you as a fighter, but [Boente] is an embarrassment.”
A still steaming Chisora, however, now became even further enraged, saying to Booth: “We can do it in the ring or outside the ring. If David don’t fight me, I’m telling you the God’s honest truth, yeah, I’m going to physically burn him.
“So you tell him I say that. His entourage ain’t got nothing on my entourage. So you make sure … I’m going to find him.”
Haye’s whereabouts are currently unknown – the German police want to question him over his role in the melee. The British Boxing Board of Control is also investigating.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Showtime Boxing Results: Lucas Matthysse Smashes Lamont Peterson, Alexander Defeats Purdy
- Showtime Boxing Undercard Results: Porter Dominates Lo Greco, Favorites Sweep
- Dozens Of Boxing Legends Return to Resorts June 1 including Mike Tyson
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- UFC on FX Preview: Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail
- Jackie Kallen: Live Report Mayweather/ Guerrero was a Ho Hum Night
- Robert Guerrero’s Father Seeks to Make Floyd Mayweather Bout Personal