Dereck Chisora Arrested In Germany after Wild Brawl with David Haye
- February 19th, 2012
By Johnny Walker
Hey, who needs Mike Tyson when you’ve got Dereck “Del Boy” Chisora?
According to The Telegraph, UK heavyweight Dereck “Del Boy” Chisora, who yesterday lost a unanimous decision to WBC champion Vitali Klitschko in Munich, Germany, has been arrested by German police following a wild brawl at the post fight press conference with recently retired UK heavyweight David Haye.
Chisora was irked when Haye showed up at the presser to verbally attack Klitschko manager Bernd Boente, who Haye claims is trying to nix a fight between him and Vitali.
Haye was yelling insults at Boente, and Chisora responded by repeatedly asking, “David, how’s your toe?” Chisora challenged Haye to a fight, to which Haye responded (incorrectly) “You’ve got three losses in a row!” An enraged Chisora got up from the podium to walk over and get directly in Haye’s face, and Haye, who appeared to have a beer bottle in his hand, went on the attack.
A wild melee then broke out, with Chisora soon claiming that Haye “glassed” him. “He glassed me,” said Chisora. “I swear to God, David, I’m gonna fucking shoot you. I’m gonna shoot David Haye … he glassed me, I’m not having it.”
Haye, who is also seen in press video brandishing a large camera tripod at Chisora trainer Don Charles, hurriedly departed the scene.
During all of this, the Klitschko brothers stood by and bemusedly watched two of their recent pugilistic victims go after each other.
Haye’s manager Adam Booth then appeared, blood running down his face from a cut on his forehead, demanding to know who “glassed” him.
Booth was still enraged at Boente: “Bernd, you’re a liar and a bitch,” Booth told the Klitschko manager, before turning to Vitali Klitschko.
“Vitali, you’re a great champion, but your manager is an embarrassment to the sport,” said Booth. “I respect you as a fighter, but [Boente] is an embarrassment.”
A still steaming Chisora, however, now became even further enraged, saying to Booth: “We can do it in the ring or outside the ring. If David don’t fight me, I’m telling you the God’s honest truth, yeah, I’m going to physically burn him.
“So you tell him I say that. His entourage ain’t got nothing on my entourage. So you make sure … I’m going to find him.”
Haye’s whereabouts are currently unknown – the German police want to question him over his role in the melee. The British Boxing Board of Control is also investigating.
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Dusty Hernandez Harrison: The Son Also Rises
- Cedric Agnew On Sergey Kovalev: “I Fear No Man.”
- HBO Boxing Results: J.C. Chavez Jr. wins War against Bryan Vera; Lomachenko falls to Salido
- Terence Crawford Topples Ricky Burns in Scotland
- Arthur Abraham Turns Back the Clock and Gets Revenge Against Stieglitz!
- Shobox Results: J’Leon Love Wins & A Night of Unforeseen Events
- ESPN Friday Night Fights Results: Boxino – Kopylenko, Adams, Gatica, and Monroe Advance
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. V. Bryan Vera: Take Two in San Antonio, Texas
- HBO Boxing Preview: Chavez Jr. vs. Vera, Lomachenko vs. Salido
- Ricky Burns v Terence Crawford Preview
- Jackie Kallen: Canelo/Angulo Undercard: Watch for Jermall Charlo
- Canelo Alvarez Likely to Dominate Alfredo Angulo, Who Leads with His Face
- Leo Santa Cruz Broadens His Horizons
- Jackie Kallen: Is Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner Inevitable?
- What’s next for Jean Pascal?
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo: the Pop Star vs. the Dog
- It makes sense for Floyd Mayweather choose Marcos Maidana
- Mayweather-Pacquiao: Is It Finally Time To Move On?
- Vasyl Lomachenko: A Star Isn’t Born
- Vitali Klitschko: Unappreciated In The Ring – And In World Affairs