Dee Lee Promotions & Tropicana Casino Resort Present: Go Fight Fri Night 10/12
- August 9th, 2012
Dee Lee Promotions, LLC, in association with the Tropicana Casino and Resort presents “GO FIGHT… Friday Night!” Friday, October 12, 2012. “Dangerous” Dorin Spivey (41-6-0/30 KO’s) of Portsmouth, VA, the reigning NABA Lightweight Champion, will defend his title against “Lightning” Rod Salka (16-1-0/3 KO’s) of Bunola, PA. Spivey won the NABA Lightweight Crown with an electrifying, bruising seventh-round TKO over Victor Vasquez this past February at Tropicana, which The Press of Atlantic City described as “…an action-packed candidate for ‘Fight of the Year’”. “Lightning” will be taking on a very “Dangerous” fighter.
Atlantic City Native Antowyan Aikens (5-0-0/1 KO’s) leads a very talented and ambitious group of young fighters on the six bout undercard. Aikens, an up and coming super middleweight, will be joined on the undercard by heavyweight Dorsett Barnwell (6-0-0/3 KO’s) of Norfolk, VA, along with fellow Norfolk resident, light heavyweight Frankie “The Freight Train” Filippone (9-2-1/2 KO’s).
The exciting undercard will feature another Dee Lee first as Las Vegas native Christina Kwan (0-1-0) makes her first duel appearance in both the Atlantic City boxing scene and the Atlantic City poker scene. Kwan will host the “Knockout Bounty Poker Tournament” on Wednesday, October 9, 2012 at the Tropicana Casino and Resort before lacing up her gloves Friday evening.
Doors open at 7:00 p.m., with the first bout slated for 8:00 p.m. Tickets are priced at $40, $55, $65 and $100 and can be purchased at the Tropicana Box Office, by calling Ticketmaster at 1.800.745.3000 or Dee Lee Promotions at 856.692.1206.
About Dee Lee Promotions, LLC
Dee Lee Promotions, LLC, is owned and operated by New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame promoter Diane Fischer of Vineland, NJ. Fischer has earned a reputation not only as a premier matchmaker who has presented some of the most memorable and entertaining boxing contests in the country, but as woman who has been innovative and overcome gender barriers in an industry dominated by men. Her industry awards and distinctions include: New Jersey Promoter of The Year; Undercard Fight of the Year; Best Girl Fight of The Year; The First Time Six World Title Belts [Pay Per View] appeared on one card (Atlantic City); The First All Girl Fight on the East Coast; The first woman ever to promote an all girl fight card in Baton Rouge Louisiana; The first woman promoter ever to promote a World Title Fight in Panama City; The first male or female promoter to present a title fight in Delaware; The first woman promoter to promote/co-promote a Heavyweight Championship Fight on HBO, Ray Mercer, and Wladimir Klitschko on June 29, 2002; the fight also was aired on PPV in Germany and was the first Heavyweight Championship promoted by a female in that country. To contact Dee Lee Promotions LLC., call 856.692.1206.
About Tropicana Casino and Resort
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. (“Tropicana Entertainment”) owns and operates 8 casinos and resorts in Indiana, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, and New Jersey. In addition, the Company owns a development property in Aruba. Tropicana Entertainment properties collectively have 5,750 rooms, 8,300 slot positions and 240 table games.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Arum Likes Floyd Jr. in Bout with Canelo, and – No Surprise – So Does Floyd Sr.
- Andre Ward is Offered Possibility of Two-Fight Deal with Stevenson
- In Light of Cancellation, Speculation About Stevenson as Possible Bernard Hopkins Foe
- HBO Boxing Results: Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford Score Stoppage Victories
- UFC 161 Results: Rashad Evans Defeats Dan Henderson
- Funny Media Interview with Paul Malignaggi & Adrien Broner
- ESPN FNF Results: Vicente Drops Diaz, Payano Devastates Maraon
- NBC Sports Network Boxing Results: Jennings and Kovalev Continue to Impress
- UFC 161 Preview: Dan Henderson vs. Rashad Evans
- Undefeated Bantamweights Battle On FNF In WBA Title Eliminator
- Quick-Tongued Adrien Broner Set for Test against Paulie Malignaggi
- Jackie Kallen: Is Mikey Garcia The Real Deal?
- Jim Gray Wonders Why Referee Stopped Fight — Josesito Lopez Was Still Breathing
- Jackie Kallen: LA vs Montreal, HBO vs Showtime, Dawson vs Stevenson, Maidana vs Lopez
- Is it fair for Floyd Mayweather to fight Saul Alvarez at a catch weight?
- Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao — a Fight They Don’t Want Us to Want
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather vs Canelo – Dream Fight At Last!
- Richest Fight Ever Set for Sept. 14 — Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez
- Mad Dog Carl Froch No Ordinary Englishman
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013