David Haye vs. Tyson Fury: A Heavyweight Super Fight may be brewing in the U.K.
- June 6th, 2013
By Christopher Carlson
With the recent news of Tyson Fury pulling out of his fight with Kubrat Pulev, which was an IBF final eliminator to face Wladimir Klitschko. Combine that with David Haye no longer fighting in a planned fight versus Contender Manuel Charr at Manchester Arena due to injury. The stage may now be set for a possible heavyweight showdown between David Haye and Tyson Fury.
The fight itself would be considered a solid fight by most boxing fans, but in the U.K. it would be a super fight worthy of venue such as wembley stadium in London, England. Fury’s promoter Mick Hennessy told www.thesun.oc.uk “Haye is the fight I want next because it doesn’t get any bigger than that for Tyson.” And “It would be a shot in the arm for British boxing.”
One problem that could stall the negotiation process would be the rival Television networks that each fighter fights on. Davie Haye works with Eddie Hearn, who has a relationship with Sky Sports. Tyson Fury fights have been broadcasted by Channel 5. However, Hennessy seems to think that won’t be a problem stating “TV won’t be a stumbling block…It would be the fight of the decade.”
Currently Tyson Fury has 3 opponents in mind with David Haye for monetary reasons leading the pack. The fight featuring two contenders at the heavyweight division looks good on paper, but the press conferences and pre fight hype shows leading up to the event would be legendary. Both fighters have the gift to gab and that ability to create a buzz is a major reason why they have gotten as far as they have in their careers.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: 50 Cent, Patrick Nielsen, Bryant Jennings, Mikey Garcia, Peterson, and more
- Problem Solved: Maidana Has The Solution–Ravages Broner In Upset Victory
- NBC Sports Fight Night Results: Thompson Outboxes Coyne, Mansour Stops Price
- UFC on FOX Results: Demetrious Johnson Retains Flyweight Title with Knockout over Joseph Benavidez
- Fox Sports 1 Boxing Results: Joesito Lopez Scrapes by Arnaoutis
- Showtime Boxing Preview: Adrien Broner vs. Maidana, Santa Cruz vs. Seda, Thurman vs. Soto Karass
- NBC Sports Fight Night Preview: Thompson vs. Coyne, Price vs. Mansour
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Pacquiao, Ricky Hatton, 50 Cent, and more….
- The King of the Borough: Malignaggi Gives Judah a Boxing Clinic
- HBO Results: Kirkland and Tapia Steal Show, Rigondeaux Wins a Bore
- Did Max Kellerman’s Potshot against Al Haymon Trigger HBO’s Pearl Harbor?
- The State of the Heavyweight Division
- The Maidana Investigation: Why Broner Just Can’t Seem To Keep His Mouth Shut
- Vitali Klitschko Leaves The Door Wide Open to Return
- Golden Boy Boss Fears Prospect of Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao Superfight
- Tips for Adrien Broner on Range of Topics from Sex Tapes to Shoulder Rolls
- Adrien Broner: How The Mighty Do Fall
- PEDS: For Brandon Rios, Things Have Gone From Bad To Worse
- Adrien Broner aiming to answer questions against Marcos Maidana
- A Fan’s Guide On How To Handle Adrien Broner