Adonis Stevenson Suffers Hand Injury; Postpones Fight With Donovan George
- August 13th, 2012
By Johnny Walker
The super-middleweight clash set to be broadcast on this week’s edition of ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, featuring Canada’s Adonis “Superman” Stevenson versus Donovan “Da Bomb” George, has been put on hold because of an injury Stevenson incurred in sparring.
According to the Canadian sports site TSN, Stevenson’s promoter Yvon Michel says his fighter bruised his left hand while sparring in Detroit and requires a minimum 10 day period of rest.
The Stevenson vs George fight had originally been scheduled on the undercard of the light-heavyweight clash in Montreal between IBF champion Tavoris Cloud and Jean Pascal. Ironically, that card was cancelled when Stevenson’s stable-mate Pascal also injured his hand while training.
Stevenson-George was then moved to Oklahoma for this week’s FNF telecast.
According to Michel, another opponent will be lined up for George this week, and the fight against Stevenson will now move to October, back in Montreal.
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- The King of the Borough: Malignaggi Gives Judah a Boxing Clinic
- HBO Results: Kirkland and Tapia Steal Show, Rigondeaux Wins a Bore
- Floyd Mayweather’s TMT Crew Takes Care of Business on ShoBox
- HBO Boxing Preview: Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko, Tapia vs. Kirkland, Macklin vs. Russ
- David Price Drops British and Commonwealth Titles; Dereck Chisora Calls Out Deontay Wilder
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Chisora, Barker vs. Sturm, Pacquiao, Mansour, and more…
- Monte Barrett Rips David Tua’s Promoters: “They Stole From Him, Destroyed His Career!”
- WBC Champ Vitali Klitschko Reported Turning Back Huge Ukrainian Mob
- Dana White Returns To Boxing With New Reality TV Show “The Fighters”
- HBO Boxing Results: Stevenson and Kovalev Win by Knockout, Again…..
- Jackie Kallen: Go Paulie (Malignaggi) Go!
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah fight in the Battle for Brooklyn Tonight
- ‘Brooklyn in the House’: Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi
- Guillermo Rigondeaux Just Needs To Be Himself
- Top Rank Will Kiss Off HBO to Get Floyd Mayweather Deal with Manny Pacquiao
- Froch-Groves: Miscellaneous Musings in the Aftermath of a Masterclass
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather takes his promotion company on the road
- Ex-Lightweight Anthony Fletcher Entombed Live for Want of ‘Hook’
- On Sense and Sensibility Among Boxing’s Critics
- All I want For Christmas Are These Ten Fights: the Best Match-Up’s In Boxing