2nd Annual Atlantic City Boxing Gala Scheduled for June 1 at Resorts
- May 13th, 2013
Dozens of Boxing Legends will return to Atlantic City as the 2013 summer season begins at the Jersey shore.
Former boxing champions Iran Barkley, Corey Spinks, Marlon Starling, Ivan Robinson, DeMarcus Corley, William Joppy, Tony Tubbs and others, will join IBF President Daryl Peoples, and numerous other boxing personalities, during the 2nd Annual All Star Boxing Legends Gala tribute awards dinner on Saturday, June 1st at Resorts Casino Hotel’s Ballroom.
Immediate past Atlantic City Chief Prosecutor Jonathan Diego, Chairman of the event’s committee, said Monday at Resorts Casino Hotel that there will dozens of new Honorees being recognized as 2013 Atlantic City Boxing Legends. Mr. Diego, whom recently returned to his private law practice, following a three year tenure as Atlantic City’s Chief Prosecutor, stated that many 2012 Honorees will return as guests of the Boxing Gala Committee during this year’s awards dinner. “Great champions like Mike Tyson, Bobby Czyz, David Tiberi and Buster Drayton, will be joined by other champions whom call Southern New Jersey home, including Bruce Seldon, Dwight Muhammad Qawi, Virgil Hill, Mike Rossman, Patrick Majewski and Shamone Alvarez,” stated Diego. “Over 60 champions and boxing personalities, whom assisted in Atlantic City’s ascension to becoming the boxing Mecca of the United States, will attend this year’s black tie optional event. We will also honor the lives, careers and legacies of Hector “Macho” Camacho, Carl “The Truth” Williams, Tony “Pound for Pound” Martin and other champions and personalities whom passed during the past 12 months.”
Diego has received commitments from at least 33 Champions and boxing personalities to be honored during the event including, but not limited to, Iran “The Blade” Barkley. Barkley retired with 43 victories, including 13 in Atlantic City. Iran held World Championships in three weight classes (Middleweight, Super Middleweight and Light Heavyweight). He defeated Thomas Hearns two times, to win World Titles in two different weight classes.
Others who have confirmed their attendance include Hector Camacho, Jr., Keith Holmes, William Guthrie, William James, Eddie Cotton, Charlie Brown, Johnny Carter, Jeff Chandler, Calvin Grove, Rob Hines, Nicholas Tiberi, Diane Fischer, Steve Smoger, Richie Kates, David Weinberg, Ray Bailey and Joseph Pasquale.
Tickets to the Boxing Legends Gala, which is a black-tie optional affair, are $100.00 and can be purchased through Ticketmaster. Also, Resorts Casino Hotel has room/ticket packages available for the Saturday, June 1st awards dinner. Diego advised that additional information, about the Boxing Legends Awards Dinner, can be found on their official web site ( www.acboxinggala.com ).
****Honorees and guests, attending the 2013 All Star Boxing Legends Gala, are subject to change without notice.****
All Star Boxing Legends Gala LLC
P.o. Box 1091
Atlantic City, NJ 08404ND
©2014 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Showtime Boxing Results: Hopkins Dominates Shumenov, Quillin and Porter Victorious
- Shobox Boxing Results: Salka Upsets Collado!
- ESPN Boxcino Tournament Results: Monroe and Adams Win to Advance to Finals
- Showtime Boxing Preview: Bernard Hopkins vs. Shumenov, Quillin vs Konecny, Porter vs. Malignaggi
- Oscar De La Hoya Steals The Show During Marcos Maidana’s Media Conference Call
- Peter Quillin Interview: Fighting for Cuban Pride and Respect – Part 2
- King Sports – Debut Boxing Card Results from Santa Monica
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Canelo, Lara, Provodnikov, Hopkins, and more
- Interview with Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin – aiming to be Legendary
- PPV Round by Round Results: Manny Pacquiao Wins A Thriller In A Close Fight
- Was That Shawn Porter…Or Jack Dempsey?
- Floyd Mayweather Set to Summon Favored Reporters for New Media Blitz
- Guess What, Guys? It’s Okay To Fight On Cable
- Can We Please Cool It With The PPV Undercards?
- Showtime Boxing Triple-Header: History, High Stakes, and Chocolate
- In Praise Of Floyd Mayweather
- Apologies for Doubting Manny Pacquiao – Now Let’s Beat Mayweather
- Pacquiao – Bradley 2: The End Of An Illusion
- Why Pacquiao-Bradley Is A Far Better Matchup Than Mayweather-Maidana
- 5 Reasons Why Tim Bradley Will Beat Manny Pacquiao