Biofile with Ricky Lopez
- September 15th, 2011
By Scoop Malinowski
DOB: March 3, 1987 In: Colorado, USA
Status: Super bantamweight boxer. Record is 7-1 (2 KOs).
First memory of boxing: Winning first National Title with only three fights.
Boxing inspiration: Hunger.
Nicknames: I’m looking for one – any suggestions [smiles]?
Hobbies/Leisure Activities: I do a little acting, make music and spend time with troubled kids.
Last book read: “Desire” by John Eldredge.
Favorite movies: Man On Fire, Talladega Nights.
First job: Mowing lawns and washing windows at the age of 9.
Current car: Ford Explorer.
Pre-Fight feeling: I have no fear, I fear nothing. In my mind losing is not an option!
Pre-fight meal: After weigh-in’s I eat everything! I eat wheat bread, pancakes, salad’s, chicken sandwiches, etc.
Greatest Career moment so far: Beating top prospects so early in my career.
Most painful moment: My first and only loss (L MD 6 to Derrick Wilson in July 2010)!
Funny boxing memory: When Victor Ortiz and I were in training camp we had to run but we ate a lot of cerviche. We were talking about how we were going to beat everyone, but we threw up the whole time running [smiles].
Strangest fight or strangest opponent: My seventh pro fight my opponent (Hugo Ramos) could take a lot of punches and keep coming forward.Toughest opponent: My seventh pro fight.
What do you need to work on and improve to take it to the next level: Getting fights!
Favorite boxers to watch: Floyd Mayweather, Roy Jones Jr., Victor Ortiz.
Favorite fights: Diego Corrales vs. Jose Luis Castillo, Micky Ward vs. Gatti, Andre Berto vs. Victor Ortiz, Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley.
Favorite sport outside boxing: Basketball, football.
People qualities most admired: Humbleness!
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Antonio Margarito Wants to Make Boxing Return
- Mikkel Kessler Ready For Super-Middleweight Unification Bout With Carl Froch Saturday Night
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Showtime Boxing Results: Lucas Matthysse Smashes Lamont Peterson, Alexander Defeats Purdy
- Showtime Boxing Undercard Results: Porter Dominates Lo Greco, Favorites Sweep
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail