Omar Sheika To Battle Yusaf Mack, Night Before Hopkins Fight at Resorts
- April 2nd, 2012
On Friday night April 27th, The biggest boxing weekend in Atlantic City kicks off with an important USBA Title clash when Omar Sheika takes on Yusaf Mack.
The show is promoted by Nedal Abuhumoud’s Nedal’s Promotions and Andre Kut’s KEA Boxing.
Sheika of Paterson, New Jersey has been a mainstay at the top of the Super Middleweight and Light Heavyweight divisions for sixteen years. He won his first fourteen bouts and went on to beat former world champions Simon Brown and Glen Johnson.
The thirty-five year old Sheika challenged Joe Calzaghe, Eric Lucas; Jeff Lacy and Markus Beyer for world Super Middleweight supremacy but each time came up just a little bit short.
Sheika, 33-11 with twenty-one knockouts is coming off an action packed ten round unanimous decision over Tony Ferrante on February 24th in Chester, PA
Mack of Philadelphia has a record of 29-4-2 with seventeen knockouts and his been at the top of the Super Middleweight and Light heavyweight rankings for the better part of the last half decade.
The thirty-two year old Mack was undefeated in his first twenty-four bouts (22-0-2) which included wins over Donnell Wiggins, Shannon Miller (for the USBA Super Middleweight title), Richard Grant (title defense) and Christian Cruz (title defense) as well as a draw with former world title challenger Randy Griffin.
Mack also has big wins over Jose Juan Vasquez (16-1-1); Daniel Judah (22-2-3) and Chris Henry (23-1). He won the USBA Light Heavyweight crown with a split decision over Otis Griffin
Mack has only lost to top fighters in former world champions Alejandro Berrio & Glen Johnson as well as former world title challenger Librado Andrade.
In his last bout, Mack put up a terrific effort before being stopped by IBF Light Heavyweight champion Tavoris Cloud.
An exciting undercard with some of the best prospects on the east coast has been assembled and appearing in separate featured bouts will be:
Undefeated Super Middleweight Derrick Webster (12-0, 7 KO’s) of Glassboro, NJ in an eight round co-feature
Przemyslaw Opalach (9-1, 8 KO’s) of Poland in eight round Middleweight bout
Juan Rodriguez Jr. (8-0, 3 KO’s) of Union City, NJ in a six round Welterweight bout
Thomas “Cornflake” LaManna (7-0, 5 KO’s) of Millville, NJ in a six round Welterweight bout
Alando Swain (5-1, 1 KO) of Trenton, NJ in a four round Middleweight bout
Tyrone Luckey (4-1-1 4 KO’s) of Middletown, NJ in a four round Lightweight bout
Their Opponents plus more bouts will be announced shortly.
Tickets for this championship night of boxing cost $80 and $50 and can be purchased by calling:
609-227-6959; 609-396-3005 and 609-586-3225
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Boxing Insider Notebook: Andre Berto, James DeGale, David Price, Jones vs. Lebedev, more
- Lucas Matthysse Touted as “New Pacquiao,” But Also Targets “Real Pacquiao”
- Carl Froch Calls Fellow Brits Disloyal For Sparring with Kessler
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Karo Murat Set For July 13 At Barclays Center
- Sugar Shane Mosley Wins First Fight In 4 Years, Thompson Stops Sandoval
- UFC on FX Results: Vitor Belfort Delivers Highlight Reel KO over Luke Rockhold in Brazil
- Showtime Boxing Results: Lucas Matthysse Smashes Lamont Peterson, Alexander Defeats Purdy
- Showtime Boxing Undercard Results: Porter Dominates Lo Greco, Favorites Sweep
- Dozens Of Boxing Legends Return to Resorts June 1 including Mike Tyson
- Alexander Povetkin Finishes Wawrzyk In 3, Will Meet Klitschko October 5
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013
- Carl Froch: “You give me a ring – and I’ll make you famous”
- Tell Networks: Lucas Matthysse Perfect Opponent for Mike Alvarado
- Ken Shamrock Thinks Boxing Is Delivering The Fights Fans Want To See, Except Mayweather
- Jackie Kallen: Alexander/Purdy, Peterson/Matthysse – Big Fight Weekend in AC!
- Clowns in Suits Wreck Boxing with Business Warfare
- Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios from Macau — Will Fans Buy It?
- Floyd Mayweather Milks the Cash Cow
- Jackie Kallen: Is “The Hurricane” Ana Julation the female Pacquaio?
- Floyd Mayweather, A Cobra on Hapless Robert Guerrero’s Jungle Trail