Heavyweight John Lennox scored Decision in AC last Weekend
- November 2nd, 2011
This past Friday night at Ballys in Atlantic City, Heavyweight John Lennox scored a four round unanimous decision over Donnie Crawford as part of the undercard to the SHO BOX main event between Ossie Duran and Brandon Gonzales.
Lennox, who was previously known as a blood and guts brawler showed improved boxing skills and a diverse approach to raise his record to 7-1.
Lennox of Carteret, New Jersey won the bout in shutout fashion as all three score cards read 40-36.
“We worked on improved Defense”, said Lennox manager Rich Masini.
Lennox, who was stopped in controversial fashion in his previous bout was looking to be a stringer fighter while adding those defensive skills
“John added more weight as he came in at a career high of 222.”
Lennox spent the last part of his training camp with veteran Atlantic City trainers Ray McCline and Vince Jackson, who helped out lead trainer Charles Thomas in Lennox preparation for the bout.
This was Lennox second defeat over Crawford as he stopped him on July 9th.
“Crawford had a hell of a chin and he had something to prove after the last bout”
Although this was Lennox fifth fight of 2011, he will not rest on his laurels as he plans to fight two more times in 2011.
“We are looking for our first six round fight in November on a show in North Jersey and then hopefully comeback in the beginning of December and look at 2012 at 9-1 and begin to move on to some nice fights for John”
Lennox has a caring team around him in Masini and Thomas and he needed that as a personal family issue hit the young Heavyweight just days before the fight.
“We are so proud of John. He had a situation occur in his family where I believe that 99% of the fighters would have pulled out. He went home for a day and when he saw things were going to be ok, he came right back to Atlantic City and he came through with flying colors and did not only us but his family proud”
©2012 BoxingInsider LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.
- Arum Likes Floyd Jr. in Bout with Canelo, and – No Surprise – So Does Floyd Sr.
- Andre Ward is Offered Possibility of Two-Fight Deal with Stevenson
- In Light of Cancellation, Speculation About Stevenson as Possible Bernard Hopkins Foe
- HBO Boxing Results: Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford Score Stoppage Victories
- UFC 161 Results: Rashad Evans Defeats Dan Henderson
- Funny Media Interview with Paul Malignaggi & Adrien Broner
- ESPN FNF Results: Vicente Drops Diaz, Payano Devastates Maraon
- NBC Sports Network Boxing Results: Jennings and Kovalev Continue to Impress
- UFC 161 Preview: Dan Henderson vs. Rashad Evans
- Undefeated Bantamweights Battle On FNF In WBA Title Eliminator
- Quick-Tongued Adrien Broner Set for Test against Paulie Malignaggi
- Jackie Kallen: Is Mikey Garcia The Real Deal?
- Jim Gray Wonders Why Referee Stopped Fight — Josesito Lopez Was Still Breathing
- Jackie Kallen: LA vs Montreal, HBO vs Showtime, Dawson vs Stevenson, Maidana vs Lopez
- Is it fair for Floyd Mayweather to fight Saul Alvarez at a catch weight?
- Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao — a Fight They Don’t Want Us to Want
- Jackie Kallen: Mayweather vs Canelo – Dream Fight At Last!
- Richest Fight Ever Set for Sept. 14 — Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez
- Mad Dog Carl Froch No Ordinary Englishman
- Jackie Kallen: Boxing Fights I want to See in 2013